Withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

The dr and chemist have messed up my prescription, meaning I've gone without since Tuesday. From 225 to nothing sad The first couple of days I just felt a bit rough and numb/ tingly. Now I'm ssweating and soaking the bed covers (something I've suffered with on and off since being on venlafaxine), shaking, feeling dizzy, my body feels heavy and sort of numb. I keep trying to hold back the tears, and yesterday I drifted in and out of sleep throughout the day and the night too. Surely it's not normal to sleep for nearly 24 hours??? And the dreams were so real I wasn't sure at times whether I was awake or not until my husband car in to check on me. After reading some of the things on hereĀ 

After reading some of te things I

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can u not get some from another chemist??
    • Posted

Luckily my husband has managed to convince the chemist to give me some and he's sent an urgent request to the surgery. Yesterday they wouldn't for him!! I didn't feel well enough to get there myself. I find the hard thing too is trying not to let the children see how ill I feel, but my husband does find it hard to deal with too. Hopefully I'll feel better soon xx
    • Posted

I'm in same boat reguarding children sad glad u got sorted x
    • Posted

My children are 11 and 15 and I've tried explaining a little to them. It's my husband tho who I think struggles to understand the most. I find I have periods where I'm alright, them I miss a dose for one reason or another and slip and he can't believe that just missing a dose can make you feel rubbish. Hopefully it's not forever smile
    • Posted

What do u take them for? I Am anxiety panic attacks, been a rough year until doc finally changed my meds, my kids are 2 and 5 and because my husband has done so much they run to him which makes me feel a failure of a mother
  • Posted

Vivid dreams are normal on effexor the Dr told me. But you are to let them know if there really bad. I could only tolerate 75mg. With excellent results and no side affects. They like to push you higher and I ran into trouble myself and scared. Stayed 75.mg. Were all different bodies. Call Dr on call. Or ER. Check your vitals. I have to be careful with the serotonin. Too much can be fatal. I learned. That's why I was in ER recently. Keep in touch. šŸ˜Š
  • Posted

I had dry mouth and trouble eating when first on it and terrible sweating at night. I have also had vivid dreams and seeing cars and trees moving in slow motion.
    • Posted

Hi. One nurse mentioned I would have vivid dreams, but not scarey, and I sure did but what I did was make myself a hobby out if it every morning as I have a very old and excellent dream book given as a gift years ago. As it was always an interest in analyzing dreams. So now that's what I do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.