Withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is my first time on this website. Tomorrow I will be quitting drinking. I've abused alcohol for almost 15 yrs. All I have is some generic librium and I'm kinda scared. I self medicate frome the moment I wake up. Is this going to get me through withdrawals? I have to do outpatient and cannot take time off. I have the next 2 days off. Any advise please would be greatly appreciated. My doctor is on vacation and I'm afraid I need more than he perscribed. Thank you.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Keep posting and look forward to the end result, a happy family. Hope it's not too bad for you.
  • Posted

You a come to the right placesmile lots of suport  

con grates great start smile

• Posted

sorry key board sucks sad
    • Posted

Thank you. I need the support. I'm just trying to get through the day and it's so hard.
  • Posted

Hi 171207

how are you doing? Did you manage to get to see your GP, and if so managed to get some more tablets

• Posted

Thank you so much for asking but no he would not. He felt I a have enough in my system. The clinic doctor will hopefully tell me tomorrow if I need more or not. Trying to pace myself with the meds. I haven't been able to really sleep for the last two nights. Making me really tired. I didn't get to see him in person only through email and I think he just wants me to go to the clinic now. Thank you for checking up on me I really appreciate it. Still just the rest of this day I'm gonna be 3 days sober
    • Posted

Hiya 3 days hey! Brilliant well done. I can assure you the worst is over, although you may not think so.

You've achieved 3  sober days without any support from your gp . I have to say that I was appalled over you're detox. Having said that, nothing surprises me now. You were obviously suffering from withdrawal, yet you had no checks, no clear advice. To leave you to cope with this on your own is not right in my opinion.

just hang on in there, no matter how difficult it is. Paper Fairy is right, we are all rooting for you.

keep posting and someone on this forum will always reply.  I was advised to keep drinking plenty of fluids. Lemonade is supposed to be good, but  I just kept to chilled water to start with. Another thing I found helpful was a smoothie maker. Just blitz some bananas, strawberries, raspberries any kind of fresh fruit. By doing that you are getting some goodness. After about 7 days I went on to soup and vitamin B tablets and then normal healthy food. Two weeks after craving for a drink and determined to get one anyway I could, I just gave in, stopped asking for drink, stopped leaving the house because I couldnt trust myself, handed all my debit/credit cards and any money I had over to my husband, and eventually asked him to get rid of any alcohol in the house. He found bottles everywhere, some half empty, some full, some empty. These were my emergency back ups. I asked him to tip them all down the sink. The best thing he did for me was to say "no, I'm not doing it you can do it" was so frightened that my lifelines had gone, but in a strange way, I knew that this was a new start however hard.

• Posted

Good for you. I haven't had the cravings yet but am waiting for them. Thank you all.
  • Posted

Well done, you're over the worst. Rooting for you. smile
    • Posted

You wouldn't believe how much I appreciate the support
    • Posted

Don't forget most of us have been where you are at some time or other. I used to hate it when 'friends' would say, just have a soft drink, it's not that hard. In my opinion the best help and advice you can get is from people who've been where you are now, know what you're going through, and have come out the other end a much better and sober person

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.