Withdrawal and looking for some reassurance!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I was on 15mg Mirtazapine for about 5 months because of my panic attacks.

I felt tired all the time so I stopped. I went from 15mg to 0mg in about a month.

The first 3 weeks were absolute hell.

After that I started to feel a little better but I still kept feeling extremely tired.

I'm clean for 7 weeks now and I still feel terrible. 

I sleep 10 hours a night and still wake up tired. I also feel drowsy which makes concentrating and doing things very hard.

Anxiety and depression are not there all the time but they come and go.

I read a lot about people suffering from insomnia when coming of 

Mirtazpine. I had that the first 3 weeks but that made place for this mental exhaustion.

When I'm in this state it's hard to imagine that this is all part of the withdrawal and it will pass.

That's why I'm looking for some reassurance.

Does anyone else recognize this? And do you maybe have tips to make all this a bit easier to handle?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello pal, yes I'm afraid it is still part of the withdrawals that is making you feel like that. Some people's brains take longer than others to go back to how they used to work before the mirtazapine. You are honestly nearly there just stay positive and try to stop thinking about any symptoms that you are having because if you dwell on them you are adding fuel to the fire and it will take longer. The best tips I can give to you are to eat as healthy as you can with no junk food and take magnesium tablets and omega 3 tablets. And the number 1 thing is to drink loads and loads of water. This will flush the toxins away that are making you fatigued and tense and bring back relaxation to your mentally overworked mind. Stay strong and every time you feel crap try to enjoy the fact that it is leaving your body!!

• Posted

I'm down to 3.75mg from 45mg. Granted I came down from a much higher dose, but I felt terrible for like 3 months after going from 45mg to 7.5 mg in 3 weeks. I know what you mean by saying u start to wonder if it's gonna go away but just know that you will slowly but surely start to feel better and better each week. I've practiced mindfulness while coming down and it has helped a ton.

• Posted

HI GRITT,, I AM NEW TO THIS LIKE U ..it seems to me that u cam off of the mirt far to quickly not a good thing to do.it also seems u are still slightly depressed ...so why not go back to your gp  he most probaly will be able to help u quite quickly .read my posts it may help...good luck BLUESY 
  • Posted

Have you thought about a supplement such as melatonin or tryptophan to help with sleep regulation?

Also it might be an idea to speak to your GP. It's great that you've managed to stop mitrazapine but perhaps you need help of a different kind with your symptoms?

I'm thinking maybe CBT to help with anxiety & panic attacks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.