withdrawal brain zaps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lease can anybody explain to me what theirs felt like....I am experiencing very strange sensations in my head since stopping these.

Sometimes it can feel like tingling in my brain then other times im getting a burning sensation almost like my brain is on fire and then sometimes it can feel like my head is full of pressure or like something is ontop of it? The burning sensations are frightening me to death......I would really like some reassurance that people have experienced this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did u ween off or stop cold turkey? U should never stop cold turkey it will give u those sensations plus horrible thoughts....
    • Posted

I went from 20 mg to 10 mg for 17 days and then stopped. It has been 4 weeks tomorrow. Yes ive had the horrible thoughts too.
    • Posted

I went off of meds for 3 months and my anxiety came back worse than before. Panic attacks, cconstantly worry if I'm dying. I've had phobias this time. Not wanting to be home alone, not wanting to get in shower unless someone's home in case something would happen, I can'tgo far in a car bc iI panic. Big crowds upset me and I'm never like this. I'm outgoing, this isn't me. Only 2 weeks and 5 days on cit 20mg and have to take .5 ativan if I panic. I want to be fear free and be myself again. I'm seeing a therapist too but had to do FMLA fromwork its so bad. 
  • Posted

When I stopped my medication a year ago I also had brain zaps, like being zapped with an electric current.  For me it wasn't horrendous, just a bit weird.

Yes it's a withdrawl side effect.  xx

• Posted

This is basically due to nutritional deficiency and neuropathic imbalance at the upper part of the brain. You must treat this on priority as it may lead or symptoms like carcinoma.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.