Withdrawal effects ?..

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am having bad withdrawal effects and have only dropped from 45mg to 37.5mg is this normal. i have lowered the dose since 2 nd MARCH and still feeling so awful.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

what symptoms are you getting ?

• Posted

HI Sarah, I am feeling so fed up with myself at the moment and everyday just feels like a battle. I feel as if my body just wants to be hyper active all the time with tingling nerves and energy. I haven't been able to sleep or even cat nap for weeks so feeling exhausted. When i do close my eyes i can feel them twitching. I am unable to eat anything as i feel so nauseas all the time and my stomoch feels very nervey. My feet and ankles hurt and feel swollen. I am going out for walks but just feel so zapped of energy. My anxiety is absolutley through the roof and i cant relax. I was given propanalol to take but it just makes me feel even worse with nausea and i get more sweats with them. i have been on here before for advice but came off as it was making me think about how i was feeling even more.

The Doctors don't seem to care when i went for help a couple of months ago the dr said to do a 45 mg reduction by taking it everyother day. They really dont know this medication. I Wonder how long i will feel like this for, it is making me have such negative thoughts because my focus is on how awful i feel.

• Posted

HI THERE, i bought some magnesium bath salts, but they haven't made any difference. I have also bought holland and barrett 125 magnesium tablets but have since read that they can cause diarreah and as my stomoch is so sensitive i am reluctant to even try them. i just feel so tierd .

would epsom salts be better if so, any particular ones.

• Edited

sorry you are suffering.

did the mirt ever help you ? i found the higher doses more activating and was very hyper alert on 45. i felt better in that regard as i slowely tapered.

epsom bath salts are good. essential oils too.

ignore you dr that is a terrible idea and propananol i doubt will help. the only way is a 10 % taper every 4 weeks.

we have a support group on fb you can join started by the other responder. look up Gretel Milling and send her a friend request with message to join. there are people at all stages and experience how to get off this vile stuff

• Posted

Thank you Sarah, yes i do belong to that F.B group. i was put onto Mitrazapine after Dosulepin had health issues from the Health Authority. I don't think it has ever helped me and not being able to see the same dr doesnt help. I would like to feel more stable on this dose before reducing again but as you say this higher dose is awful. started on 15 mg and every doctor has just upped it when I have told them how bad my anxiety has got. i don't know what the answer is at the moment but it would be good to just feel normal and able to cope with life again which i haven't done for about the past 25 years. I am frightened to lower my dose at the moment as i am so low.

• Posted

If you're trying magnesium supplements don't go for the citrate etc. try glycinate instead - better availability of the magnesium and won't have you running to the loo all the time!

• Posted

imageimage

i dont know if you can see this image of my tablets.

i dont understand how taking one at bedtime would help me sleep, they say helps fatigue and tierdness but that makesme think they will add to my being hyper.

• Posted

i am in such a pickle. 樂

• Edited

Yes, that's a good one - it's not citrate.

Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant, amongst other things, and the bisglycinate not only helps with absorption of the magnesium it also provides glycine which is an important amino acid.

I take 300mg about half an hour before bed.

I think you'll be fine with it but why not start by just taking 1 (i.e. 150mg) before bed - it's only 40% of your RDA.

• Posted

HI Sarah i hope you dont mind me asking but did the doctor believe you

about feeling hyper alert on the 45 mg dose and did you just taper regardless. Were you put onto anything else ?.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.