Withdrawal from Duloxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I’ve been withdrawing from 120mg a day and currently on 60mg  a day.   I’m not sleeping, feel extremely tired, headaches, agitated and just don’t feel myself. I’ve been advised to stay on 60mg for now until I feel a little better but nothing is changing and I’m not sure if I can go for months feeling like this with the possibility of things getting worse when I drop again.   I know cold turkey isn’t advised but wanted to hear from anyone who has done this and been relatively ok?  I’m not sure if short term pain is better than long term generally get long rubbish and to tired to do normal stuff??  Thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First, go get your blood work. If your ALT is high you can possibly die.  This drug will make you feel depressed when actually your not.  This pill will wear your system down. You will feel as your days are numbered.  Get off this drug if you are having many sypmtons. I lost trust in doctors. I had to go off cold turkey 60 mgs and I was only taking it for 6 weeks.  Once you stop taking it you will probably have other issues diariah blood in stool sore eyes lead to infection as my case. Headaches pressure in forehead. Don't listen to these doctors they have no clue about this drug.  They can't even help with the withdrawl process.  Everyone is different.  Also stay away from coffee and spicy foods.  It states also somewhere online to not even work while on withdrawl. These guys jokers.  This drug screwed me up and I will never take it again. 

• Posted

I took it for 6 weeks and just stopped but it’s not advised , horrible drug 
  • Posted

Hi Jen, I can totally empathise with you, and the other replies are right in saying that your GP has no idea how this drug makes you feel, initially when I took it, I felt like it was a miracle drug as it make me feel much less miserable but then you need higher doses to make you feel better, everyone is different with me when I reduced the dose I did not feel too bad but when I came off cold turkey I had at least 7 days of not sleeping, a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach, feeling like red hot pokers where rushing through my blood stream, it does eventually pass but it is the worst thing ever to go through, I imagine that it must be like a drug addict feels when coming off their chosen drug, it is frightening, I have since gone back onto them as I started getting anxiety attacks and horrible thoughts again, but what I know is they are not to be played around with, you will probably get more information from a site like this at least we know what we are talking about, good luck
    • Posted

When I first started taking duloxetine I thought it was a miracle drug too.  I was taking 60 mgs and my system was telling me take another 30mgs up it to 90 mgs. But before doing I developed a whole slew of symptons that slowed me down. I went off it cold turkey. The a drugs screws your eyes up yo with yellowing of eyes soreness and makes you thirsty with a dry mouth.  I then dropped to 30 mgs my liver function ALT went back to 68 mgs but I was having exact symptons only half way.  I took 2 weeks of it at 30 mgs couldn't get answers from the pharmaceutacal company which sold the drug to the pharmacy.  They have a pharmacist call you.  What a joke.  So I basically stopped 3 weeks ago but still feel like crap. How long did it take you to start to feel better once off this drug.  I'm not going to take anything else I did well with CBT and DBT training. I'm having pain in my chest probably due to acid.  This drug slows you down and I felt it made me more stupid lol.  I'm still fighting it off and staying positive.  I'm going to stick to weed know for my chronic pain. I hope other people can explain here how long withdrawl goes on for.  Is it weeks months or years 

• Posted

Thanks, still not sure but will see how I feel over the weekend and then make a decision.  Hope you’re doing ok now? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.