Withdrawal from Olanzapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Olanzapine for years, started with 10 mg, then slowly reduced to 7,5 mg, then 5 mg, and 2.5 mg. I have tried to withdraw for four times but every time I suffered for sweating and anxiety, so I returned to 2,5 mg.

My doctor suggested to give CBD oil a try, but from 2.5 mg Olanzapine decrease to 1.25 mg first. Then after 8 weeks try to stop completely. So I started to take the oil beside the Olanzapine followed the doctors instructions. Now I am 1 week after withdraw from Olanzapine completely, but started to feel symptomps again (sweating and insomnia)

I don't want to return to Olanzapine again, I hope if I increase the CBD amount, the withdraw symtomps disappear. Any experience on this? Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you will get side effects from coming off olanzapine but each week it will slowly get better and reduce. this is not any easy drug to come off. Good luck. Get support, be kind to yourself.

Bridget.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.