withdrawal from venlafaxine help.....

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was put on venlafaxine some months ago to help with anxiety. ..been on the med before an come off successfully. off four month's things arose which seen me bak on the ven..this time I got nothing but side effect an withdrawals for 3months. I then desided it wasnt workin for me an informed my key worker under mental health to help come off them..My response was that it wadnt her job an I was left high n dry to ween myself off ven..my dose was 112mg when I desided to reduce an stop an I done this over for week period with a week between doses. I have now been off for 51days an the withdrawal doesnt seem to have lifted..if anything I have more issues now stoppin venl then before even starting it..I know everyone is different an time frames are different but can someone anyone please tell me how long I have to go through this nightmare. .I miss beenin a mum to my beautiful boys who need me so much. Any tips or supplements that have worked as im stuck in anxiety n a deep like depression at the times I took the meds...desprite for help I dont wana have to return to another drug that may give more side effects to get off venlafaxine please please please help...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh jaye, you are certainly suffering but to have to look after your little ones too must be so hard for you,I was going to leave this one to a more expert person to advise you but just needed to contact you to let you know there are lots of people with the same problem and not to worry that you are on your own in this horrible ven tabs syndrome naming me too, maybe talk to another key worker if thats possible to help you through this? In the mean time look to your lovely children for comfort to get you to that relaxed place, dont give up!!you will get a quick response from someone whos going through the same as you......
    • Posted

Thanks..its the not knowin how long thiss is gana be for...read to try benadryl for withdrawal so will try this
  • Posted

I went to hell and back in 2012 after coming off derogatory (paroxetine)another SSRI anti depressant after 12 years of taking it. I almost didn't survive.  My theory is if you are going through withdrawal then keep taking a dose each week is prolonging the withdrawal. I completely stopped seroxat after 3 weeks because as the doctor told me why keep taking it if you are in this state? I'm not a doctor so you need to talk about your options with a professional. In my case I didn't end up med free.I ended up in hospital and they had to help me so I got put on a non SSRI anti depressant and anti anxiety pills and after many months I got on the road to recovery. It's far from easy going through withdrawal. Hell or living nightmare is more of a better description. But I am living proof that it can be done and with support from CMHT and support worker I am in a much better place now. Don't give up hope  but more importantly keep shouting at the right people to help you get off this drug. I was on venl 16 years ago. Never helped me.
  • Posted

How hard it is, I totally understand!  I was taken off it finally after 6 monts of reducing and it is a living hell!  I didn't want to try anything else but gave had no option whatsoever.  Were you offered an alternative?  Coming off one and starting another is   awful as you don't know which one or other is causing which symptoms .  Something has to improve soon or I will go off my head.

PLEASE LOOK AFTER YOURSELF AND CHILDREN AND MAY THINGS IMPROVE FOR US ALL,  love, Susan.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.