Withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm currently on 5mg for the past 6/7 months, from 10mg which I was taking for several years.

I'm still getting dizziness, muzzy head, weird dreams, brain zaps, upset stomach, insomnia, sensitive to noise, sensitive to hot and cold, feel like I'm going to collapse but never do, etc etc.

I though I was feeling better a week ago but my meds have changed to a different brand and I seem to have started the process all over again. Can anyone identify with these symptoms and offer any glimmer of hope? I tried upping to 7.5 about two weeks ago but felt worse after one day so went back to 5. Could it be this still making things worse?

Thanks everyone.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi, sonia i was getting stable after 12 months on 6mg (liquid) then got a different brand with a faulty nozzle and still trying to get back to where i was after 6/7 months, so it could be the different brand or/and the up and down dose!

• Posted

Thanks for replying Toria. It's so frustrating isn't it? I remember before that a different brand had an affect on me so much so that I asked my pharmacist for my favourite brand. It seems I've got back to the one I don't like again. I can cope with most symptoms but the dizziness/muzziness is what I can't deal with. Of course it could be that increase as well and I find this time of year very stressful.

Are your symptons still bad? I remember you had many.

• Posted

oh yes im not good at all, my chemist are quite good now they always eventually get the brand i prefer, how is your sleep? mine is dire, 3 hours lastnight!

• Posted

Hi Toria

I feel really tired but can't seem to get off to sleep most nights, too much fidgeting, restless legs, aches here and there. When I do get off I get weird dreams and wake after a 2/3 hours. I'm awake for a few hours then and I drop off again for 2/3 hours more. Not a good nights sleep by any means. Sometimes rescue pastilles help me get off initially. Haven't had a bad day today, just tired, aching back and legs.

• Posted

oh yes the restless legs are horrible, my sleep is awful, havent slept through a night for 2 years, wake 3 or 4 times a night, most sleep ive had in a row is 6 hours, i get the sore legs and lower back too, also my shoulders, and today dont laugh, ive had sore buttocks haha! glad today hasnt been too bad for you 😃

• Posted

Hi Toria,

No proper sleep for 2 years - sounds horrendous. I wonder how much better we'd feel and how quicker we'd heal if we could only have good, consistent, restful sleep? - it would probably make a huge difference.

• Posted

i know my lovely its so hard! but hopefully when im fully off!

• Posted

Well I had that good day and ever since I've been feeling rotten. Migraine all day yesterday and today, 2 hours sleep last night, feel sniffly and achy, weepy, oh MDG. When will this end!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.