Withdrawal symptoms are back

Posted , 3 users are following.

After a not so bad day yesterday, today at 3 weeks off gabapentin I’m feeling so awful again! All the withdrawal symptoms are back, I worked 2 hours and had to come home. I was so worried I might get into an accident. Can’t function right now. After 3 weeks off I’m thinking for sure I’ll feel better each day?? Not..  I’m curled up on the bed. Trouble walking, shaky, anxiety, etc etc. I made myself eat a small bowl of soup.  Would have Epsom bath but afraid I might pass out. Will wait till my husband comes home. This drug scares the heck out of me! Can I hang in there, or do I take a 50mg dose? But I have 21 days off already.. I don’t know what to do. 😰

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there is what I did. I'm 2months off Gaba, so much better, but still have off days. I know how you are feeling, it's a tough thing to go thru.  My best wishes are with you

• Posted

Thank you, Mary.  How long did the worst withdrawal symptoms last for you?  

I’m on day 23 off the med. Rough day but went to work for 6 hours and got at least some stuff done. Walking is easier and I managed a small lunch.

Home now and feeling exhausted. Taking 1/2 tsp Calm mag morning and afternoon for now, perhaps double tomorrow, I’ll see. I just don’t want to get too drowsy.

Thank you for listening and sharing your experience. 

• Posted

I took Gabe for about 7 yrs at 900-1200mgs a day. After tapering down for close to 2 months, really, really horrible W.D. for month an a half, 2 weeks then of okay to bad days. Last 2 weeks have been good to okay and even Happy for hours in a day. I have added to my Epsom salt bath and CALMS.,,,, All from Amazon    Professional Formulas Serotonin Dopamine Liquescence, and Pure Oxytocin from Pure Oxytocin.  The Oxytocin is a nasal spray seems to help in less than 15 mins.  I also now smoke pot to help relax and sleep thru the night. I learned that from another person on another Gaba internet site. Hope this helps.  Oh, they say Gaba also steals all you B-Vitamins.  I got Source Naturals ( good Vitamin really works) Coenzymate B Complex, from Amazon also

• Posted

Thanks! I’ll check out some of the other supplements too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.