Withdrawal symptoms of escitalopram - how to ease them?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I used to take 10mg for a few years for anxiety, was great. Ny side effects or anything. Now that I'm doing better I wanna go oof of them. My doctor gave me a go. I went down 2,5mg, been taking 7,5mg since the 5th of January 2017. My doctor told me I will most probably experience withdrawal symptoms and I thought it's okay cause I've come off of other pills before and have handled them.

Oh dear, since monday or tuesday I've had the worst headaches. I've never, not once, in my life had a headache before, not pills related or randomly. So this headache is really new to me and it feels horrible. I get this kind of a pressure feeling aswell when it's aching in my head. Sometimes when the ache goes very bad my anxiety acts up aswell. Also my eyes are hard to keep open when the pain is happening.

I know it's only been a few days with the symptoms and I was expecting something but nothing like this. I had to take a nap today cause I just couldn't be awake cause of how I was feeling because of the withdrawal and I had to worst nightmares for two hours.

My doctor told me to ride it out and I wanna but I'm thinking, I have to go down a dose every month if not leave it even longer and I can't even think about feeling like this for months.

Any tips on minimizing the discomfort, pain? I don't wanna keep taking painkillers (I've only taken 2 so far cause I don't know how it works in the brain for the symptoms, like chemically. Maybe it's a wrong move to take painkillers.).

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I would feel your GP has the right idea, try and stick to His instructions.

BOB

• Posted

Take the lower dose before sleep that MAY help.

There is very little you can really do, with the exception of going back up again to the higher dose, this will not be an option as the idea is to get of the medication.

Allways around to give support

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

I went back up cause I can't handle the symptoms. Will call my doctor and talk to her tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.