Withdrawal symptoms on Trazodone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, wondering if anyone has had the withdrawal symptoms from trazodone and could share with me what happens? just come off a 200mg dosage and i can't find anything online about it

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, how are you coming off trazodone are you reducing it gradually or have you quit cold Turkey? I've been on 50mg for 3 months and have never felt good on them, although I do sleep at night. (I was on them for insomnia).

2 weeks ago I reduced to 45mg and am having awful side effects again like in the beginning - spaced out, headaches, eye heaviness and just generally unwell. I hate this stuff!

How are you feeling?

• Posted

Hi, I went cold turkey! its been a week and a bit now, I was feeling ok, other than a bit dizzy now and again, chills, having a little bit of trouble sleeping but that was about it until tuesday night where I got seriously bad nausea and ended up throwing up and only sleeping for about 4 hours. Managed to go and do stuff the next day but I was feeling very delicate all that time. the only headaches I've had are those icepick migraines, and not for very long. I thought the withdrawal would be a lot worse, but I haven't had any symptoms except light sleeping for a few days now. 
    • Posted

That doesn't sound too bad considering you were on a high dose! How long were you on it for? Can't wait to come off this stuff but not as brave as you so will have to taper gradually!!! Hope you're feeling better now!!!
    • Posted

uhh, i can't remember exactly? maybe 3-4 months? Its probably better to stop cold and then suffer for a week or two and then not be relying on it anymore. i dunno though, it effects everyone differently! good luck though.
    • Posted

And how are you sleeping now? I reduced it down to 40mg this week and having really bad nights!
    • Posted

not sleeping very well, maybe 6-8 hours? I usually sleep 10 and that gives me energy for the day. Now I'm having to nap at least once a day. I think if I get into a forced routine I'll probably sleep better but I'm not doing much so, *shrugs*

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.