Withdrawal symtoms? It's back :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys,

I used to post here quite often a few years ago when I first started using Sertraline.

It was hell starting it, and I got pretty much all the side effects you can get from it, so here I am nearly 3 years later needing your advice.

I've been on 150mg for about 2 years, and in the past 6 months, I weaned down to 100mg because I decided I wanted to get off Sertraline altogether, but then decided to stay on 100mg for a bit longer. I've been on 100mg for quite a few weeks now without issues.

The last few days I've been feeling awful. Exhausted (barely able to keep my eyes open all day), headaches, overly sweaty, temperature fluctuations, heightened anxiety, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, irritability, weird dreams, waking up earlier than usual.

I thought it was due to the quality of sleep that was I was having lately (not great), but this feels a bit more intense than some bad sleep.

Does that sound like perhaps Sertraline has stopped working? I know that the efficacy of SSRI's can weaken after 2+ years. I'm considering going back to 125mg tonight before I sleep.

I'm starting to feel scared again, bringing back all those horrible memories of when I first started.

Thank you,

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.