Withdrawal.. when will it get better?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 6 today off gaba. Feeling the worst I have since I quit the med after being on the lowest dose for couple months. Dizzy, flulike symptoms, feel like I want to hold on to furniture to walk around the house. I am so tempted to take just one pill to feel better. And I won't.

?This gets better, right?? What is your experience, when does withdrawal go away? 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maybe a technical glitch, no replies to my post. May not have gotten up on the site somehow.
  • Posted

Sounds similar to what I went through.i also had headaches,crawling skin,and depression etc. If you can,push through it.i just took paracetamol for the headaches.I don't know about others but I stuck it out and finally a month or so later am on the other side of it in a better way. I hope other people on here who have managed to get through it can give you support etc. I am only going by my personal experience of this horrible drug.

Stay with it if you can,it can only get easier.

Good luck

• Posted

I'm hurting. Was hoping for responses. :-(  Feels like I'm on my own. And I'll get through it.

• Posted

Thank you, I'm sticking with it, I won't go back on this medicine. I much appreciate your support going through this.

• Posted

Hi deebee777,

I can only tell you what I went through! I was on 900mg a day for 3 months! I had every side effect there is! Remember everyone is different! I have been off for approx 6 weeks and I am still having horrible withdrawals! I’m not sure if I was taken off to fast! This has been the worst drug I have ever been on! I have heard so many different time periods that these withdrawals last! I still have blurred vision, weakness in my legs, and flu like symptoms! People say it does get better! I guess all we can hope is that we can get our life back! Hang in there! Your not alone! Good Luck!!

• Posted

Thank you! I have all those symptoms, too. Going to hang in with withdrawal however long and get through! Won't take this med again.

• Posted

Stick with it. I’m headed down but still have 700 mg to go!  This is the longest and hardest withdrawal I’ve ever been through!  My health has been so hit hard by the side effects of this med, I have no choice. Hit every system in My body like a Mac truck! 5 years at 3600 mg daily. Doctors favorite words.. it’s a safe effective non addictive medicine plus increase the dose. Only once did I hear decrease it and that was after a very bad seizure!  Over 20 hospital stays in a year in half!  Mostly ICU. Last bacterial menegitis!  Lost track of pneumonia cases. May have one now. I’m depleted!  Good luck. Praying for Us all!!
    • Posted

Sticking with it, yes.. thank you! And we’ll all get through this!
  • Posted

Day 8 off the med. I feel awful, thought I was going to feel better but I hear it can take longer?

I work in the addiction treatment field, I will ask our medical director about this drug.  

• Posted

stick it out. don't be persuaded to go back on it.

Youll get the horrid side effects ,but honestly.its worth pushing on,regardless of side effects

.Its a horrible drug.Youve done the hardest part by actually managing to get off them. Some folk haven't managed to get that far successfully without having to take them again....You have!!!!

I looked my notes up just now and took my last part capsule 15th November.my notes showed itching,pains ,jelly legs,sleepless sore mouth depression,dizziness etc. But I'm getting on better without them. I'm starting to sleep better and the rest is now almost a thing of the past.Thank God.

I'd refuse to ever take them again.

As I said before...Good luck.

Keep us all informed as to YOUR progress. You could help someone else to get through it by your imput

Regards Vivienne

• Posted

V2806,

I took my last one on 11/17/17! Please tell me this itchy skin, depression will go away! I have never had to go through anything this bad in my life! I just want it to go away! I wish everybody good luck getting back to normal after this evil  med! THAT IS SAFE FOR YOU so Drs say! WRONG!!!!!!

• Posted

deedee777,

If you talk to the medical director and find anything out about this drug that could help people!! Please let us know! Thanks in advance!!! Going thru hell right now!!!

• Posted

Thank you Vivienne! Definitely sticking with it, I will get better
    • Posted

You came off around the same time as me. As for the itchy,crawling skin,it has finally lessened ,and I haven't noticed it this last couple of weeks so much.

The depression is taking a little longer,but i am feeling a lot better,and less "down".in fact I'm quite positive these past few days.

We all seem to have bits of the withdrawal differently,but you and I seem to be on the final stretch of this horrible journey.

Good luck.keep in, touch as to how you get on.

I was originally given it along with liquid Morphine for trapped nerves and acute back pain from a disc that had moved in my lower back . And an ambulance had to be called after I'd passed out.

I would sooner suffer that again than ever have to take gabapentin again. I DO NOT consider it a safe medicine,especially after reading how bad other folk are and have been on it.Surely someone,even the Medical profession could challenge the company who makes them,instead of just handing them out,and seeing what damage they're causing.

No one can just stop taking them,and that's frightening too.It seems the longer you're on them,the harder it is to come off them.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you’re suffering the withdrawals too Diane.. day 9 off the med for me now and feel out of it but manageable. Hope each day gets better for us!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.