Withdrawal with Mirtazapoine Liquid

Posted , 2 users are following.

The time has come to begin Mirt LIQUID  WD, not without ~ dare I say 'slight' trepidation.  Question for anyone who may have the knowledge, ... I am switching to liquid should I be aware of any differences, i.e. as opposed to the tablet form??  I'm sure that no time is the right time, but September is the plan, as for me it will be a year on Mirt'.  I am buddying with another kind lady from this forum,Terry, which is a blessing.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

I do not have any experience with liquid Mirt but I just want to wish you and Terry your buddy a smooth as possible journey as you WD from mirtazapine.

I know you are taking it very slowly and you have gathered lots of information which will be of great benefit to you.

It is now 8 weeks since my last mirt. and glad to say that things are improving.

Trying to remain positive and drinking lots of water seem to help me.

Please let us know how you are Calmer .

May the kind understanding you have given to others flow back to you.

Good karma dear Calmer.

Sunbirdx

• Posted

Hi Sunbird

Thank you very much, it's so kind of you to acknowledge my journey, so far.  I will stay in touch, good or bad !  

How long did you take to wd Sunbird and how was it for you?  Did you follow a slow plan too?

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you, and I hope you are sleeping well also, many seem to take a while to get their proper sleep pattern back.

Sending kindness back to you, and a warm wish for the future.

C  x

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

Thank you for your good wishes.

I think my WD was swifter than advised as I just wanted to get rid of the awful side effects I was experiencing on mirt.

I went from 30mg to 15mg staying on this dose for 6 weeks.

Then down to 7.5mg for 5 weeks.

At 5 weeks I had an emergency appointnent with GP as very rapid pulse and  

extremely high blood pressure.

I was given a higher dose of Atenolol than I usually take and was told my condition was due to anxiety and WD but no advice or help given.

How ever he seemed glad that I was doing WD!

I then decided to just stop mirtazapine.

It has been very tough some days and I must say that lack of sleep is probably the worst sympton as well as the brain zaps and feeling sick and no energy!

How ever I knew it would be difficult due to the posts from those who are suffering WD but as I recalled the dreadful suffering when I stopped Effexor cold turkey a few years ago I knew this could not be as bad!

So I did it my way!

Each day there is small improvement and last night I slept for 5 hours which was good.

I walk my dog each day, drink lots of water and try to eat small healthy meals.I did not gain weight and have lost a few pounds since WD.

Just under 8 stone and 5ft.

I was not depressed and was put on Mirt for anxiety and to help me sleep.

It did nothing for anxiety and I think it made me worse but was great for sleep and I loved the weird dreams!

I think positive thinking helps so much and I know you too know the benefits of 'watching our mind' Calmer.

Thank you for saying you will keep in touch as I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!

Sunbird xx

• Posted

Hi Sunbird

It sounds like you too know of the nasty wd Mirt' can bring; insomnia is my worst fear but I hope that I can get some Phenergen for a sleep aid if necessary - have you tried it?  

Yes I agree totally, positivity has to be our goal, learning to feed our minds through the Mindfulness path, along side CBT is, in my opinion, the only way ~ I truly believe that getting down to basics, and the tiny drip drip feed of seeing life in a positive manner, is the new antidepressent.  Through meditation this can be achieved more easily; we cannot spend out whole lives under the mental cosh of AD's.

Sunbird I am sorry for your suffering, you are on your way to becomming free of the Mirt' madness, I hope youu can find peace to enable your sleep to improve.  I am more than happy to keep in touch ~ are you on facebook at all?  There is a Mirt wd support group, totally secret (unlike one other on facebook), you can't search or find ours.  I think you will recognise a few familiar friends from this forum.

Wishing you well, as always.

C  xx

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I feel that quality of sleep may be improving very slowly.

I have not tried Phenergen and to be honest I am now a bit wary of starting a new drug until I know mirtazapine is out of my system.

I just go to bed and hope for the best!

Trouble is I have quite bad arthritis in my knee and I think this contributes to me not having good quality sleep.

I am reading a good book at the moment  Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Gunaratana.

Very helpful and easy to understand.

I am so glad to know that the facebook group is doing well.

Even though it would be good to see familiar friends as I miss their posts on here I do not do Facebook but many thanks for invitation Calmer.

So glad you continue to post on here!

Best wishes for your WD Calmer,may your journey be smooth.

Sunbird xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.