withdrawals

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am new to this but just wonder if anybody can help! I have been taking flouroxtine for 8 years but 2 weeks ago found myself feeling that dreaded black cloud. I went to my G.p who suggested I may need a change as I have probably gone immune to them and need a change. My concern was myself and my husband are going on holiday on the 13th of this month and I don't want to be feeling this way. My doctor suggested I wean off the 40mg of flouroxtine by reducing it to 20 for week and then going on to sytrelane I think that's what there called. Any way that's what I did and boy have I hit rock bottom!! My husband had to call in to work for me Thursday gone as I just could not face it and could not stop crying. Since then I have barely left my bed. All I want to do is sleep. Iv no apertite at all. And the tension I have in my neck and back is so painful.😢I also have cold like symptoms and itchy skin. My Husban arranged for me to go back to my doctor which I did on Friday and she said basically it is the withdrawals of coming off the flouroxtine and the setralane not yet kicking in

.I seem to be getting worse each day instead of better I feel so helpless.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What kind of Setraline are you on is it zoloft, celexa, or paxil what is the name. I take Zoloft, 25mg, and my anxieties are better i also take lorazepam with it and lamotrigine for moods and trazadone for sleep 

You may need something else if it is not working but give it a try because it could be that you are going off one medication and onto a new one and your body has not yet adjusted to that medication 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth I am taking 50mg there just called sertra line. But my gp also gave me 40mg of propranolol they are beta blockers but also used for tremors as I couldn't stop my head shaking😕xx
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

Still not myself😕slept most of the day again pains in my head are awful. And across my Diagram. Neck and shoulders.

Each night I promise myself things will be better tomorrow. I plan what I will do. I was going to go and buy flowers to plant in my pots but didn't get there.😕

Thanks for asking. Xx

• Posted

Hello Dadoo,

Unfortunately coming off fluxotine will have withdrawal symptoms and starting another drug will have side effects until your body gets used to them. This can take a few weeks before your body settles and gets used to Fluxotine leaving your system and being introduced to another drug. All the side effects you describe are from withdrawal or the introduction of the new drug. It is bad timing for this to happen just before your holiday. You have just under a couple of weeks to hopefully start to feel better. Your appetite should pick up too. The first couple of weeks are the worst so I pray that you will feel better soon. Hang in there. Hope you get to enjoy your holiday. In the meantime come on here as people can support you, your not alone. Most of us have been there and got through.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Elizabeth. Means a lot. And realy helps knowing I am not loosing the plot. Quite frightening realy that a tablet can have such an affect on your body. On the plus side😊had a shower and brushed my teeth! Things are looking up.😊. Still have terrible aches in my head neck and shoulders. God is good that I will feel a little better before our holiday. Thank you once again.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.