withdrawals from heroin

Posted , 5 users are following.

[list:6a86fb8dc0]in my15 years of experience with all kinds of drugs ranging from cannabis to crack cocaine i have not found anything harder to kick than heroin i was injecting for 12 years before deciding enough was enough i ended up having to use my groin due to destroying the veins in my arms and feet.I am now being mantained on 70ml of methadone a day and i have no intention of getting back into injecting every day mainly for my family who have stood by me even though i have lied,cheated and stole from them to get my next bag.I also have a 11 year old daughter called charlotte even though im only 29 this year(2009)so i am determined to do this if not for me then for her. All i can say to anyone trying to kick the habit is GO FOR IT and only take as much methadone as you need because kicking a meth habit isn't going to be easy either but nothing can be worse than having to stick a 2ml needle about 3inches into your groin just to get a hit. But thats in the past for me i am now getting on with my life in a new place around different people,i don't blame anyone for my heroin addiction but i have found it an awful lot easier to stay of it living in a new place.So im clean and going on strongand haven't felt this good for a long time.I wish anyone trying to get off any kind of drugs lots of luck and take it one step at a time its not gonna be easy....JAY-C09....[/list:u:6a86fb8dc0]

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well done - you have done brilliantly!

Your daughter will be so proud of you as will your family.

I don't claim to know anything about drugs, but I found you inspirational and wanted to reply and tell you that your life will change because of your decision - it must have been hard for you but now youre on the right path there will be no going back.

Congratulations on getting your life back!

Kay

• Posted

Well done Jamie u have taken the first steps to regaining your pride, self respect and self esteem. I am also a herion addict who started on a methadone programme 10 weeks ago. I smoked kit for around 4 years before seeking treatment and its been the best thing i've done. i started off on 50ml a day, and because i was working and my time was occupied i was reducing by 10ml per month, which i was coping with well. I was due to start on subutext next month. Sadly i was laid off from my job 2 weeks ago and stupidly used again,not much, but enough to screw things up. I am now back on 45ml per day and trying hard to fill my day with positive things to keep me away from the gear. Its not easy but i am determined to get things back on track. I still feel proud of myself but my self esteem has taken a knock due to becoming unemployed again. i just wanted to wish u all the luck in the world and remember its not easy, if for any reason u \"fall off the wagon\" tell your key worker asap and start again. Take care mate, and good lucks
  • Posted

Well done Jay, as you say it's not easy coming off and staying off. Although I was a smoker and not a poker every time I'm tempted to go back on I try and think of all the really low times and how bad and horrid it was and I find that helps to stay focussed. I'm on the sub's and find them a god-send - knowing that if I do use I won't get a hit really does help with not wanting to bother.

But good luck to you (and to anyone else that's reading these posts also trying to stay clean) and keep on keeping on.

T

• Posted

Well done mate on kicking your habit. I think the new place you now live probaly helped you alot. Im kinda new to this but am already seeking help. Unfortunatly the waiting list were i am is 1 year. Yes a year. Im not prepared to wait that long and am going to my GP in the morning, so im doing some research before i do. Your story is inspirational. Best wishes, gordon
  • Posted

well here i am writing my bit on my addiction im on meth at the mo have been for about a year after a 16 year heroin addiction that nearly killed me with septacemia clots the lot but still not given up (then) but life took a turn i made a chose to stop for me and me alone i have kids family and for them i stopped before nothing worked becouse i was not ready to stop where now ive been clean from street drugs for 10 mths and on a reduction script im on 50 mls of meth from 110 mls i come down 5 mls every 2 weeks iot is hard i do get minor withdrawl symptoms but nothing to write home about although i know it is going to get worse the more i come down but when you decide to do it then it seems to be easyer im not saying i dont think about having a dig as i do but i just controle my thoughts ive come too far to f*ckup now to anyone out there wanting to get clean do it for you cos belive me that is the only person that you will do it for good luck to one and all BE STRONG YOU CAN BEAT THE DEVIL I AM ............... :twisted:
  • Posted

I have smoked it for about 2 and a half years and finealy want to kick it it can be done I was a heavy smoker never injected and I came of after a year and relapse about 9 months ago I had a fix today and now am going to try and go cold turkey I have 100ml of meth I bought witch I will take in 30 odd ml dose age for the first 3 days thn go for it so it can be done good luck guys u can do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.