Withdrawing from endep ...how to.?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started on 10mg . Reduced to 5mg .now on 2.5 mg .for 1 week. Is it safe to just stop now. I am super sensitive.how long after last dose does it take for receptors to b back to normal.... on endep for 6 weeks..??????????????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was told to space it out, skip a day between each for a couple of weeks & then stop. I was on 25mg, the dosage wasn't reduced, i just spaced it out for the couple of weeks before stopping fully. I felt absolutely fine after I stopped & it didn't affect my sleep in any way 
    • Posted

Ok thanks u were on a higher dose so hopefully i will b good stopping lower dose...
  • Posted

I had to come off them after 6 weeks and did what you have done. I stopped completely and all was well. Not sure exactly how long they stay in your system but I had no indicators to say I had done it too quickly and I think you could happily stop them now. Hope it goes well
    • Posted

Ok thank you.. i always scared coming off meds have had some bad experiences.
    • Posted

They take 6 weeks to completely start to work - you have been on them for 5 weeks and for whatever reason you have slowly come off them. I don't think they have been in your system long enough to cause you a problem but just monitor yourself. Don't expect a problem just go with the flow. 
    • Posted

Ok so you came off them before they were working properly too. I came off cos the day time brain fog got worse and worse everyday. I was almost unable to function.still a little like that .even on a 2.5mg dose....that is the reason i was wondering what rebound symptoms may occur after final dose. . I guess its a wait and see. No dose taken tonight...
  • Posted

I had them withdrawn by a hospital registrar. Unfortunately I was a rare case where they triggered Glaucoma. He wanted me to come straight off them but I spoke to my GP who said to drop the doses and then come off. Like you I was concerned about the brain fog and I had trouble holding even a conversation let alone live a normal day. Whether that would have eased off down the track I will never know. But I am now taking Pregabalin instead which is working well and I have few side effects (just some joint and muscle pains). I take these for neuropathic pain but you may have a different story to tell. Listen to your own biody and take it day by day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.