withdrawing from risperidone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Am tapering off risperdone and am finding the withdrawal is hard going, insomnia, restless legs and depression to name a few. How long does this last for am down to 1mg.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Louise,

I withdrew from respiridal/respiridone some years ago, and it took about two or three weeks before the withdrawal effects become unnoticeable. But they become better with time, little by little. I found going for long strenuous walks helped with the insomnia and the nightmares, which occured nightly. Patience is the key, I think. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself

• Posted

Did you find withdrawing a long arduous process. I have worked out it will take me another 4 weeks before I am off risperdone.
  • Posted

Hello again, Louise,

I didn't find withdrawing from respiridone particularly drawn out, because I did it the hard/stupid way and withdrew myself without any medical supervision, so I made it more difficult than it needed to be! Not particularly recommended! I just gritted my teeth and sweated it out. You are obviously more intelligent and are doing it the right way! But it DOES take time, and it can be difficult. Reserves of patience are called for. I found that doing more of what makes you happy and distracted is beneficial, dwelling on how bad the withdrawals are is of no benefit to anyone!

• Posted

Thanks Frank, will draw on my reserves of patience. Thanks for replyingsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.