Withdrawl and brain zapping

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can someone help im off my anti depressants and having to wait for my gp to return from holidays before seeing a doctor. Im having going into my 2nd week brain zaps like electricty through my brain sending a pulse feeling down through neck and chest. I cant move my head much infact its hard to even hold my own head up. I feel like im going to fall over constantly and cant look side to side my eyes have to be focused on one spot mist of the day. Is there anyway of controlling this i feel like im going to have a meltdown its emotionally challenging enough for me without suffering this.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you are at a surgery you can see any GP you like and haven't got to wait for yours to return from holiday.   Don't wait and go asap.  x

• Posted

Thanks for reply i cant go out thou thats the thing feeling like im goning to fall, hopin it eases and i can go to my appt in a weeks time. Keeps me awake every night too its just out right exhausting tbh.
  • Posted

Sounds like you are having withdrawal symptoms. Why have you suddenly come off anti-depressants? This is very dangerous as the patient should be weaned off them.
    • Posted

I am being weaned off them i think its more being on a high dose. My GP is highly skilled knows their job well like. I have to change AD ive had similar withdrawls from other AD but these ones r just alot more severe. I have an appointment today so i should get sorted just felt when made this o couldnt cope with the withdrawls but ive made it. Thank you all
  • Posted

I throu reponses realise my post gives the impression i went cold turkey this isnt the case i have been weaned of my AD in the appropraite stages followed. Just an over sensitve patient to meds. I have however got sorted with GP and feel alot more relaxed. Thank you all for your responces and i am reassured that there is support in these fourms. Made it through the hardest withdrawl last nyt but will be on the mend from today forward.
  • Posted

Hello,

brainzaps are horrid, I really feel for you. Please try the following: as soon as the next zap comes on, cross your fingers ASAP! I mean by that crossing your fingers as you would for good luck. It helped me to stop each zap in its track and I am hoping it'll help you too!

goo luck!

• Posted

Thank you i ll will try this and hope it helps stop the zaps 😀
    • Posted

Please let me know if it's working and if it is, spread the word

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.