WIthdrawl help needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, im just wondering how long it took for everyones withdrawl symptoms to go away please?

ive been on venlfaxine for 2 years, i went up to 225mg but now im down to 37.5mg. I reduced from 75mg to 37.5mg 11 weeks ago and im still having heart palps and brain fog/head pressure and poor concentration. its really annoying me as every other time it took about 8 weeks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

im currently on ven, and happily staying on it. seems like youve done amazingly well, to go from 225mg to 37.5mg. stay on it for as long as it takes to stabalise, and be content with getting to 37.5mg for now. not worth pushing it too hard, and things going wrong.

• Posted

it could be that you need 37.5mg at the moment, whereas you didnt need the higher doses you were on.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. Yes I dont plan on reducing further unless i feel ok. to be honest, venlafaxine has never really agreed with me. i went up to 225mg as i thought it might kick in a make me feel better it didnt. i just felt spaced out instead. it got me through a rough time though i suppose.

• Posted

Hi James- Did you cut from 75 to 37.5 or taper that dose down? I'm tapering from 75mg now. I dropped from 75 to 37.5 about five weeks ago and am now reducing the last 37.5mg. It took me about four weeks to be ready to taper again but I've only been on venlafaxine for about eight months. I plan to take about 2.5 months to taper off of the rest as long as I don't feel too awful. I'm also taking omega3 as I've read that it's helped others with withdrawal symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Heather, i cut from 75mg to 37.5. i didnt start getting serious withdrawl symptoms until

about 6 weeks into my cut. every time i have withdrawn i have cut and waited at least 8 weeks inbetween each to make sure i done relapse.

• Posted

I am down to 37.5 mg. from 150 then 75. it has been about 4 wks for me. my psychiatrist wanted me to be completely off by my next appt. next Tuesday and I am so scared to stop because of how bad I still feel. but he says the only way he can get me on something new is that I have to be off venlafaxine. I am so depressed and numb though. maybe someone can shed light on when withdrawal gets better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.