Withdrawl Nausea/Malaise etc....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I know many mention having nausea even severe nausea with withdrawal.

I've been off Remeron for 8 days know.

I've had waves of nausea but also waves of a more strong nausea/malaise that makes me feel hopeless and feelings of despair. Similar feeling I'd get with a flu bug and the moments leading up to throwing up is the worst. Strong feelings of hopelessness/despair. Not sure what causes that but I've it has to do with neurotransmitter and inflammation.... I guess they are involved in the throwing up process. Anyway, when I had the flu and would

throw up the hopelessness/despair feelings would lift and I'd feel immediate relief and joy and hope.

Anyway, the nausea/malasie feelings I'm getting now are similar but I have no desire to throw up. Just and off and on again feeling of nausea and malaise like I have the flu then it goes away...

And the funny thing is no matter how mad this feels I actually have an appetite and can eat. Some times I have to push myself a little but....Anyone else can eat when feeling like this?

Also, what has helped you with the nausea ill feelings? I see some

people take Zofran. I have some

and can help but not always. What has been your experience? Ginger? Heat pad?

Soccer

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

deffo had the nausea in waves over the last 6weeks now since i came off mirtazipine, also felt fluey, im ok one min then feel sick as a dog the next min, a hope it gets better, also had terrible sweats, the weight is at least starting to shift, my sleep pattern is awful tho

• Posted

yesterday I had terrible malaise feeling and head fog, felt calm, mood content but today most of the malaise lifted, feel a bit anxious/stimulated, etc....

It's strange how different symptoms come and go.

I had been sleep half way decent which is interesting but last night woke up wide awake at 3am. Maybe the insomnia is coming.... well the a couple of nights before last I had taken a Benadryl but didn't take one last night so not sure if that made a difference. I might try a generic Unisom tonight.

I hope you feel better soon!

Soccer

• Posted

totally get what your saying, ive been waking up at around 2am, i loved the drug cos it helped me sleep without any hangover, im back to square one now, sleep pattern sh**, butterflies in my tummy, overworryin again sleepy 😴 but can't get to sleep or stay asleep

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

do you think the butterflies and worrying is withdrawal causing influx in neurotransmitters or messing with your nervous system or is this how you were feeling before going on Remeron? hope you find some relief soon!

• Posted

Hello

It is very clear that you are in WD from Remeron right now. Things might get worse. The best way of going off the Remeron is to slowly taper 10% every one month. Fast tapers always result problematic. I know very well this because i used Mirtazapine for only 2 months and than took almost 2 years to taper it off.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.