Woke Up One Day Different... Exhausted Day After Lifting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody! I so appreciate you taking the time to read this.

I'm not sure if this is Chronic Fatigue but it's the closest thing I can compare it to. Maybe some of ya'll can help me shed some light on what's going on.

About six months ago I woke up just feeling bad. Like I had the flu and my back ached like no other. "Oh well" I figured. "This is something I'll get over."

While the flu-like symptoms faded, there is still this chronic discomfort with my back and body. It is more evident when doing physically exerting things. Lifting heavy things used to be a breeze, now it just destroys me. The day after heavy lifting I will feel like I have a hangover.

Walking around the zoo for hours I just got in this strange funk where I feel like I have a hangover again. I am far more exhausted than I should be from normal activities.

I've been tested lyme disease (negative) and mono (which I had at one time but no more). All my vitamin and hormone levels are normal.

I also suffer from paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction and LPR (reflux in the voicebox) which makes it hard to breathe but these issues popped up at different times so I don't know if that's relevant.

The strange thing to me is that all of this just CAME ON one morning when I woke up and hasn't gone away. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I so appreciate it and look forward to getting some perspective on my issue.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also forgot to mention:

the problem seems to be centered around lower back. Although there is often a full body exhaustion (including mental), the lower back is the place that is ALWAYS sore. massages and yoga feels good, but doesn't bring any lasting relief. i have a physical therapy appointment soon

• Posted

Has UR doc taken X-rays of UR back ? There could be a diagnosis there to start u on a plan for feeing better . PT WILL HELP A Lot..

after my diagnosis on my back then meds and PT HELPED ..so much.

keep me posted. 

• Posted

This sounds all so familiar to me. Throat problems are something I get. I take colloidal silver for it. I'm not understand saying you should try it rather that's what I take.

My back can get very bad , when I complained to my doctor ten years ago I was turned away with the comment , there's nothing we can do for back ache. Been very surprised they never looked at any other possibility for the cause I decided to try my own theory warm baths excersizes yoga swimming , anti imflamotary foods . Nothing worked . I now realise it's chronic fatigue and what foods I cannot eat for irritable bowel. I'm also lactose intolerant and wheat intolerant . I used to have constant problems with my gut ,acid reflux alsorts of throat problems. 

There's many more problems I used to get I have four conditions . But my advise is write every thing down for your doctor. If your eating healthy and getting excersize and you still have problems you need blood tests and your GP can arrange it .

• Posted

I was tested for lymes too HIV and even epilepsy . I bacically been prodded for everything . It's important to eliminate everything . 
  • Posted

Hi Tom,

UR story is so familiar and how this mysterious illness changes our lives is very upsetting.. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. The docs start with blood tests I assume in UR case. In my case arthritis and many other things showed up. 

Auto immune disease such as arthritis can make up feel like u have the flu, sore and achey. Also FM CFS ALL r similar. So many others to consider. 

U mentioned  acid reflux.that can be medicated. Yet all the flu like symptoms have are a whole different thing and have a way of making u feel like a stem roller ran over ya. 

That's is exhausting and I feel like I hit a wall and just cannot move another step.

I don't know what u have and I do know and understand how helpless it feels when we don't know what's wrong. I think it's the not knowing which is aggravating and stressful while coping with feeling so rotten 24/7. Especially coming from a active life then hitting a brick wall.

It's always something. It's starts out as one thing the another...another...it's constant and overwhelming . 

Stick with ur doc and keep a Joirnal of UR symptoms to discuss. These things take time and determination to find a doc who can help. UR journey will have a solution.

Good Luck biggrin

• Posted

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about your health problems, i am about 8 months into my CFS which started as a virus, prior to was an extremely fit and healthy 34 year old triathlete. Stuff like you mention knackers me also, lifting heavy weights, whereas before it was never given a second thought.

Lower back pain, what about this being a problem with the kidneys ?

In TCM they related many health issues to a depleted kindey system, it connects to the lower legs, and general vitality. You could buy some kidney tonics to try for a month or so. I'm big fan of adaptogenic herbs and believe they can help in recovery from CFS if taken consistently. Try some cordyceps. All the adaptogenic herbs are also good for the liver, for the immune system etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.