Woke up to sharp sudden pain in testicle followed by dull aching, what could it be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I woke up a few days ago to a sharp pain in my left testicle and I think I was sleeping on it/crushing it. I vaguely remember shifting it with my hands and each time I did the pain would dissipate then return, this lasted about 10-15 seconds before disappearing.

Since that day, there is no real pain but a general discomfort/dull aching/burning around my left testicle (definitely tolerable though I notice it when I'm not focused on anything). It normally gets slightly more intense as the day goes on and almost seems to radiate behind my thigh towards the end of the day. (maybe it is because I am sitting a lot)

I've contacted 2 doctors since then and they have ruled out torsion on the basis that I'm not in excruciating pain. I've also done an ultrasound so am just waiting on those results now but would like a second opinion

Does anyone have any experience with this? I initially suspected intermittent or partial torsion since I was sleeping on it, but am now leaning towards a possible varicocele or epididymitis from trauma.

I don't have any other symptoms or difference in my urination frequency, color, semen etc. I also don't feel any swelling or bumps, and it's not sore to the touch

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Update: The ultrasound came back negative for anything, only two cysts showed up but the doctor believes those aren't the cause at all. He thinks it was likely an aggravation of the area and it will heal on its own. Will update if I'm feeling better or worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.