Woke up with odd "full" ear feeling and ringing?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I woke up today and my right ear felt very unusual. It feels as though it is blocked or full, as though there is a headphone in it. However, sound it picks up isn't really muffled, as it would be with impacted wax. Instead it just feels like it's blocked...

There is also a type of ringing in my ear whenever I move my head in certain ways, or if there's no sound. What could this be? Tinnitus? Should I be worried at all?

I cleaned my ears yesterday (for the first time in a while) so would that have anything to do with it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

EDIT:

When lying down, it seems to relieve itself until I sit/stand up. Other than cleaning my ears, my usual levels of sound I'm exposed to were no different recently to any other time for the past decade.

• Posted

Hello John

Has this problem now gone away?  If not, could you please explain what you mean by saying "it feels ... like there is a headphone in it".

Maureen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.