Woken early morning for a week with stomachs pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone else had this experience. I have gastritis, but this is a different pain. I need to get up go to the loo it's like clockwork. 6am! Once I've been to loo for BM the pain eases but doesn't go completely. Leaves me feeling sore. 

Just started out of the blue. 

Any ideas?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Bladder and kidney.... sometimes the body can retain fluid in the bladder even AFTER we have emptied our bladder and we think there is none there and can't feel any..

Caffeine can cause retention in the bladder; so you could perhaps cease this and try green teas and herbal drinks. Try a fluid fast but eat things with water in them; like red grapes (anti oxidants) carrots and beetroot, and this will assist the kidneys to filter toxins... avoid alcohol as this is toxic to the body. The kidneys work full on to filter out the toxins so by eating anti oxidants is like giving them a helping hand.

Reduce your salt intake for a short time..

See your GP and ask for your bladder and kidney function to be checked out..

i hope this helps..  and you feel better soon smile

• Posted

Thanks, but not my bladder. My bowel. It's really strange as most of the time I'm constipated.
  • Posted

Hi there. Are out taking Nexium for your gastritis? If so, it has side effects like diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and the like. Check out side effects on the web. Cheers. George
    • Posted

hi george, I'm off all meds at moment. As all *******zoles give me bad side effects. Ranitidine made my white blood count drop significantly. 

I juice most days and take silicon gel.

• Posted

Hi Jayne,

At what time do you have your last drink before bedtime? As we grow older our bodies change, organs change, etc and you cannot do the same like you were young.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

sorry; misread your post earlier...

Do you know if it is is the large intestine or the small??  And where is the pain exactly; is it within teh lower rectum?

• Posted

It's in my lower stomach/bowel. Feels like I've got a bug, and desperately need the loo. Very painful. But once I've been, I don't get the same feeling again till next day. Just left with sore stomach. Just weird it's same time every day
    • Posted

It does sound like constipation, and your bowel is not emptying fully, which would account for the pain. Have you tried adding more fibre or fruit in to your daily diet?

Also, drinking at least 2 litres or more water a day to keep your system flushed.

• Posted

Hi Jayne, the only thing I can think of is: Do you drink juice at night. That would probably give you the symptoms you're having at the moment. I hope you find the answer. Cheers. George
    • Posted

Hi George, no I don't drink juice at night. Usually have one at breakfast and lunch. It's 6 am again been awake since 5:30 whats with the timing?

thanks for your help. Maybe it will stop as quickly as it started

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.