Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I wanted to see if anyone had this Wolf Parkinson? Seems its a rare condition that you have at birth. it's an additional pathway that causes your heart to raise. My cardiologist is recommending ablation to fix this. Wanted to see if anyone else had this syndrome and if you have gone tru ablation. Im just soo anxious and scared of anything going wrong. Thanks for your help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have WPW and have had it for 20 years. I haven't had the ablation yet but I'm on the waiting list so I'm hoping it won't be long. It's normal to be anxious and scared - I feel the same way.. But if it is successful then it will be life changing. Best of luck to you!
    • Posted

Waiting list? May I ask why? I can get the ablation done with in 3 weeks. I'm glad that I can talk to someone who has the same thing I do. Have you had any symptoms or episodes with in those 20 years?? I hope I'm able to talk to you about this and get some answers from you. Thank you so much for responding.
    • Posted

Yeh we have a huge waiting list for the public system. Mine is "semi-urgent" so the wait time was up to 4 months and it was 12 months for non urgent cases. Yes I had my first episode at age 10 (I'm now 30) and I usually have 1-2 episodes a year but they are a little more frequent as I've gotten older and more severe. My heart beats funny every day which stops me from doing normal activities. I'm happy to answer any questions you have smile
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah. Its funny we have something similar, I am 31yrs. I was diagnosed with this back in 2011. I've had 6 episodes since then. They usually last about 2hrs. Have you noticed if there's anything that triggers them? I've been researching this and found out few things that help me. I could share if u would like. Are you in California? Thanks for talking to me. Its reassuring to talk to someone going thru the same as me. Look forward hearing from you.
    • Posted

Mine used to last around 2 hours when I was a teenager but they were much more manageable but now they last anywhere between 1 min and 15 mins but are much more severe. My triggers have changed over the years, they used to be only physical activity or caffeine but now I can get them when I'm sitting and not doing anything. My last few eps have started from bending down or reaching for things. I don't drink coffee or coke and haven't exercised properly in about 5 years through fear of episodes. Stress or emotional situations are also a trigger. Im actually in Sydney Australia.
    • Posted

I dont know if you knew this, but there's few things you can do to revert the episodes. When you get the episode get very cold water and splash it to your face, keep doing it several times. Another thing is bending down on your knees and bring your head in to your knees and breath, have someone rub your back, usually that calms you down and helps you stop it quicker instead of going to the emergency room. What do you do when you get an episode? Anything to calm it down?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.