Wolf parkinson white syndrome

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 30 years old and I have Wolf Parkinson White and my doctors keep telling me how potentially dangerous condition is. Is ablation necessary? Is it the only way? Do I have limitations because of WPW regarding physical activity? Will I get an episode if I push myself physically?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would either go back with a list of questions or go see another cardiologist,  you need all the info you can get ! Google as much as you can before you go so you know what to ask 
  • Posted

The problem with WPW is it have a probability of you going into cardiac arrest. The best solution is ablation no doubt, medication will only band-aid the problem and it's not guaranteed you will not have an episode.

I know surgery is scary but with at success rate of 95%, why risky?

• Posted

Yes, please dont push yourself before the ablation! The Dr is right on!! That syndrome is what caused the death of Janet Joiner one of the best american runners we ever had. She did not listen to the Drs advice. Do not do much exercise till you get fixed please! This is a serious problem! They have come a long way with ablations! You are gonna be great. I forgot her last name.. Kersey? she died a couple of years after taking home the Gold at the olymbics. A great loss . Her sister is still alive. Please, take care. Not trying to scare you. Go get fixed! Hugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.