womb prolapse off to surgery i go ...gulp

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ladies

im 35 and seems i have a womb prolapse sad (stage 2/3) not sure if have the others find out tomorrow the extent of everything sad

i been told surgery is really the only option , as im so young the ring is not a long term option die to being sexually active etc

i been reading tons about this last few days! first I was shocked, i was petrified (whoops breaking out into song here lol)

they going to fit a ring tomorrow to ease the discomfort, but this i am dreading is it painful when the push uterus back up?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Keep up the song Mosnippy - it helps:-)))))  I had a ring pessary for years and years, changed every three or four months.  I'd say the biggest thing is to relax.  It's slightly uncomfortable but more so taking it out than putting it in.  I know the first time I was slightly shocked but it was really because I had no idea what to expect and as I got used to it being done it really didn't bother me at all.  The ring pessary I had actually folded to get it in, so that made it a lot easier.  I did always check out the size of the hands of the person doing it though LOL!  Hope it goes well for you:-)  But do remember - relax!  That's what makes the difference:-)
    • Posted

thank you!!

i will survive ! haha

god the things we have to go through! relax and think of england!

• Posted

Hi 

I had the ring fitted prior to my posterior/anterior repair. The ring was a bit uncomfortable and strange but not painful for a few days. It remained there until i had my op 4 months later, so i never had the" pleasure"  of feeling it come out as i was asleep!I  Had my op just over 3 weeks ago all has been fine apart from a urine infection. Keeping fingers crossed that's all the problems i will have. i have been very good at resting and not lifting thanks to my husband fetching and carrying lol.Hope all goes well for you

• Posted

thanks for reply! im hoping mine will be as smooth as yours!

glad to hear your op went well! must be huge releif!

the stories i been reading are scarying meeeee lol

i will be going through Bupa (i am in uk) so things should move quickly so hopefully wont have to have ring to long! (i say so confidently lol)

dreading the resting part with a 3 year old!

sigh...

• Posted

I know everyone is different but as i said take it easy as much as possible (with a 3yr old) I am also in uk but had mine on NHS and had a excellent female consultant. not that male consultants are not lol! but being a female i know she got a lot of what

i was talking about, if that makes sense! Good luck for tomorrow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.