Won't go away!!!

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have had Blepharitis in my right eye for three months straight now...

I have visited my local GP who advised me the only way to 'control' the infection is to use a hot compress against the eye four times a day. I did this religiously for 4 weeks straight - no change or improvement.

I continued with the hot compress and after two weeks I decided to visit Moor Fields Eye Hospital (Europe's leading eye hospital) - they also told me the same thing 'there is no cure'. 

My is constantly swollen, red and itchy - it is driving me crazy! 

I have had a look at the comments on this forum and a lot of comments write 'WET ONES' reduce the swelling. Is this true?!

Thanks,

Imogen

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI all,

Thank-you very muych for your feedback.

I have used 'Wet Ones' two nights in a row and the swelling has 80% gone - the round ball I used to have in my eyelid has disappeared!

I'll be making a list with all of the remedies/treatments you have all advised and will be making a trip down to Boots to buy it all!

Thanks again,

Imogen

• Posted

Hi Imogen,

I'm in a similar situation - struggling with MGD/blepharits for 4 months and have tried everything but am still not back to normal. 

Did the Wet Ones help you?

Thanks,

Kristen

• Posted

hi, david24522 sums up the situation well we are covered in all sorts of nasties.  The doc gave me all the usual lotions but to no avail, hot compresses no good. One day, caught/got sebborheic dermatitis, he prescribed Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo (coal tar based), shower EVERY day and wash brows and lashes thoroughly.  I was always an 'oily' person (spotty teenager) so this may not fix everone but it sure fixed my sore swollen itchy unbearable condition.

?P.S. Anyone having trouble with this site being slow lately, this has taken twenty minutes to enter?

• Posted

For those with dry eye. New eye drop being released this year for treatment. I have google alert for dry eyes and was notified today. Will be another prescription drop.
  • Posted

For myself I find a cold cloth, sometimes ice cold helps m swollen eyes. For my self the wet ones are too harsh. dena

• Posted

The best way to keep on top of blepharitis is to use the Blephaclean wipes once a day in the morning and I also use a tiny amount of coconut oil round the sides of my eye but not on the eyelid as they seem to dry a little when I use the wipes. This does the trick for me only downside is Blephaclean wipes are expensive but totally worth it.
    • Posted

Can't get them free on the NHS in Scotland anymore. Was getting them on prescription but they have stopped it and there are no free alternatives for blepharitis available on the NHS sad

• Posted

wet ones is a chemical. try tea tre oil and no tears baby shampoo, recommended by my doctor. one drop of tto, a small amount of no tears baby shampoo,(about a dimes worth), close eyes , rub it along the rims of eyelids, rinse with cool water. I used the wet ones for a year, became alergic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.