Wondering ..

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've not long been told I've got cellulitis in my right leg, it's still very painful, but it's starting to bruise? Is this normal?

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The redness has cleared up but the bruise is still there, it's swollen most of the time but the heat had gone, I have a fungal nail infection also which could be linked, I am going to see my doctor at 3-30 today.

• Posted

Hello,

I've still got redness, area is itchy and painful, so I think I may go and get it checked again as can barely walk on it without lots of pain and discomfortsad

• Posted

When I was like you are I ended up going to A&E having IV put in my arm and having anti biotics ,I am allergic to penicillin so had to have different drugs, it cleared the redness and pain, I was told you normally spend the first night in hospital but it was late in the day so they have me my first dose there and then and then came to my house morning and night for 5 days. Think this would be your best bet.

• Posted

Yeah, I went A&E the other night and I see a GP and they gave me antibiotics, and the redness has gone down a little but the pain is really bad in that area and rather itchy still.

So I think I might take another trip down there get checked out again.

• Posted

Mine was only itchy when i had an allergic reaction to the anti biotics, would go back because if it turns to septus that's very dangerous.

• Posted

Yeah I think I might as the thing that's worrying me is really the pain as it's so uncomfortable but just causing a few different problems. Thank you for your help and advice.

• Posted

He gave me tablets for fungal infection and also prescribed rib socks, said I have varicose veins which is causing the bruising, he also asked if he could take my blood pressure so I said yes, he couldn't believe it out was almost perfect, not bad for a 62 year old.

• Posted

Fair enough least you know what's causing bruising, hope your well. And that's good always nice to hear, I think anyway , glad went okay.

• Posted

Yes it's good, I asked him about circulation he said use that machine advertised on tv, every time I use it's name my post gets deleted, Ian Botham does the advert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.