Wondering ..

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've not long been told I've got cellulitis in my right leg, it's still very painful, but it's starting to bruise? Is this normal?

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

chloe either get to doctors ASP/A/E DONT MESS ABOUT WITH IT get it looked at not to messed about with mite b something else but get IT CHECKED
    • Posted

SOS  CHLOE /BRAD DID NOT READ FORUM JUST THE EMAIL I GOT
    • Posted

Yeah I reckon I need to I was given antibiotics the other day and the redness I still have but not as bad, it's not as warm either.

However it's really itchy, painful and I have slight bruising on the top part.

• Posted

I had a few anti biotics but nothing worked until I had the IV.
    • Posted

Yeah, well I had the pain when I first went A&E but seems worse now and obviously bruising has appeared as well

• Posted

I would definitely ask for IV, it will take the pain away, they come round to your house and do it, they used to come round at night.
    • Posted

OH really, do I still have to go hospital or doctors to get the IV started though ? As I've been A&E Once and nothing was mentioned then.

• Posted

Hospital, they may ask you to stay overnight for the first dose, they give you strong doses at first then reduce it.
    • Posted

Okays, so even though redness has gone down, would you recommend going back to hospital? As I'm not sure it's first time I've had it.

• Posted

I would go and ask about the IV, it made a big difference to me, they will know by looking at it.
    • Posted

And also is the pain around the area normal? And not been able to walk properly?
    • Posted

I would imagine so lots of people have a lot of pain around the area that's red, I got it in May last year and my leg had been swollen much of the time but the pain, not to bad.

• Posted

The redness isn't really bad it's just the pain I'm finding really uncomfortable at the moment, and paracetamol isn't doing nothing either. Thank you for all your help.

• Posted

And how long can all the symptoms last before it feels how it should no pain, redness etc ?
    • Posted

It feels warmish but not really hot. And yeah that's what I'm thinking, think may get it checked back out.

• Posted

Trying to find a photo but it must be on my old phone.
    • Posted

Yeah , thank you for all the help and advice , and I guess looking at mine it's gone down a fair bit in the last few days , but the pain and the itching is really discomforting.

• Posted

Mine wasn't itchy at all until I had an allergic reaction, then all my back went red had a beetroot.

• Posted

Yeah, mines been itching since the start but seems worse now just like the pain in and around the area.
    • Posted

I don't have hardly any pain now, just every now and then, more of a pain having no broadband our house phone or BTTV for the last three days.

• Posted

I started with slight pain and now it's really painful and discomforting. Going to go A&E tomorrow thank you for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.