Wondering if anybody has had an inner thigh rash with LS?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm new to this site, I was diagnosed earlier this year and have read every thread and found all the information so helpful.  I'm so grateful to all of you guys.  

At my three month checkup with my gyne, she told me to use twice as much clobetasol, and use it twice as often.  This was after three months of daily use.  I upped the amount I was using for two weeks, and then upped to twice as often for two weeks after that.  In the last few weeks, I've noticed pain and redness on my inner thighs that I never had before.  I'm using clobetasol now only once a day (except for around back, I still need it twice a day).  The rash on my inner thighs is very painful and I'm not sure if this is LS or something else.  I tried treating it with an antifungal cream for the past two days, but it is not working.  It is worse!  Wondering if there are any ideas/insight from you experienced ladies?  I can't get in to see my GP for a week.  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I've found Sudacreme works well on that red rash. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Nora, are your inner thighs rubbing together?  I had that trouble, because I'm too fat, and even my panties would cause irritation.  So I've tried the clob and then pat on cornstarch.  And go commando as much as you can.
  • Posted

I had a swollen-hard painful rash all over my inner thighs all summer five years ago. Looking back it was triggered by long fast walks in tight corduroy jeans, but stress really blew it up. I used quarts of chilled aloe vera juice, oatmeal baths. Now if it happened I'd look at stress and I'd take an antihistamine. Hope yours settles down soon.
  • Posted

My inner thighs do touch, I don't have a "thigh gap," but they always have so I thought of maybe the rubbing, but it doesn't make sense to me why it's happening now.  I did start training for a half marathon about 5 weeks ago, but I have always run three times a week, so again I just don't know why now or if it's LS or something else.  I will take an antihistamine now and try the sudocreme tonight. Thank you so much ladies!
    • Posted

Once on holiday I had a thight rash which was bought on by sweating and thighs rubbing.  I bought some Drapolene diaper rash cream which was recommended by a pharmacist.  I was amazed.  Immediate relief and I have used this on other sore areas.  My husband was advised by a nurse to use this to keep his thumb skin supple so that it could heal well after he sawed his thumb off. It was magic.  Now a staple medicine cupboard cream for dry skin and sore areas like the thighs and genitalia.  Hope you manage to sort this out.  Horrible being sore.
    • Posted

You write 'sawed his thumb off' so casually! Did they sew it back on?
    • Posted

Hi,  Sorry if I sounded flippant, not intended.  Yes, he had two ops.  Took 3 months to heal then a further year to get back full feeling. Amazing what they can do nowadays.  Hubby and I just talk about it without realising others are probably shocked by it.  He is a joiner so it is an occupational hazzard for many if they don't concentrate. 
    • Posted

A joiner--does that mean he's in construction? (Please forgive me--I'm American. Lol.)
    • Posted

Sorry been away visiting daughter.  Yes that is right x

• Posted

I too have suddenly developed an inner thigh rash as well. It came on after wearing nylons (to my Grandfather's funeral). It was hot out and I suppose I was a bit sweaty, between my legs. I have been useing a healing cream, made with honey.Seems to be healing up!

• Posted

I too have suddenly developed an inner thigh rash as well. It came on after wearing nylons (to my Grandfather's funeral). It was hot out and I suppose I was a bit sweaty, between my legs. I have been useing a healing cream, made with honey.Seems to be healing up!

• Posted

Hi Nora, I had the red rash on my thighs just after being diagnosed with LS. It was really sore and painful and I thought this must be related to my LS. I saw my GP who told me that the clob could sometimes cause this if it leaks on to your thighs during the night. She told me to just use unscented barrier or moisturising creams and certainly not a steroid cream to clear it up. I kept to her advice for a week or so and never had the problem again.. Hope this helps - jo
    • Posted

Thanks Jo. I think you are right, it must have been the clobetasol. Sometimes I feel like I rub and rub and rub but my skin won't take it all in. Difficult because my gyne keeps telling me to use more, but my skin won't take it.
    • Posted

I had this trouble recently and used Drapolene diaper rash cream which was amazing and soothed the area straight away.  No problem since.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.