wondering if anyone is the same

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys ive been on cit for a few days now and my thoughts are so odd. I dont know if im coming or going im not sleeping well and then when i wake up i just feel blank. Before taking them i was just generally anxious about everyday things and alittle worried it was something serious like Schizophrenia. But since taking cit ive been convinced i have it looking up symptoms every five minutes then letting them play on my head . I havent been in work for a few months and i dont think thats helping. Has anyone else got worrys like this thanks gor any help and advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I think this is normal for the medication. Both times when I started Celexa I had some very weird and some awful side effects. I had an increase in anxiety... felt drunk... had suicidal type thoughts... just flat out did not feel like myself. It went away after about a week or week and a half. 
  • Posted

Hi Bill,

You have just started with cit - it takes awhile for it to get into your system.  What dosage are you on?  I am on day 21 and starting to feel better.  Just keep doing as much as you can - don't push it, just try and do some regular things - walking is particularly helpful.  In the beginning, it's hard to concentrate - it will pass.  All side effects generally pass and you will feel way better.Anxiety is a real bummer and it's fantastic that you've taken this step to get over it.biggrin  Give yourself some credit and just hang in there!  Are you in the UK?  I am in Canada, so you are ahead of me timewise.  Keep in touch.

Best,

Linda

• Posted

Hey guys thanks for your replys. Phatmarisa what side effects were you suffering and did they pass? Linda im only on 10mg and its only  day 4 but i feel awfull i think ive slept for three hour everynight after my first tablet. I feel really confused and just generally numb. I dont really feel like going out or speaking to anyone apart from my girlfriend. Im glad ive started just hoping for a full recovery now so i can lead a normal life again. Yea im in the uk. Thanks for your comments it means alot
    • Posted

Hang in there Bill,

This will pass.  Day by day.  You will live a normal life again.  It takes time to get into your system .  Sleep will come - my doc gave me some tabs to help at night.  I didn't sleep for 3 or 4 days and then it very slowly got better.  Walking will help a bit - even if you just go round the block a few times.  Belly breathing also helps.  Just be as positive as you can and remind your yourself constantly that you are experieinceing normal side effects and that they will pass.

Best,

Linda

• Posted

I had very much of the same symptoms you are struggling with. My vertigo was so bad that I could not do much else besides lay on the couch. My vision was super blurry and I just felt sick to my stomach for a ful week. I think you need to give it two weeks for the vertigo to fully go away. I also felt like a non- person. Numb is a good work for it. I was not interested in anything. The only feeling I felt was horror and panic. This medication is no joke... it has a profound effect on the body and needs to be taken with caution if at all. 
  • Posted

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles...it empties today of its strength"

Thanks linda your kind words mean alot to me smile hope everything is ok with you now and your moving past all this. phatmarisa its true i really feel like a non person completely blank apart from panic and fear about going crazy. Im having some odd thoughts still and i just have to remind myself that everything is going to be ok dont think the lack of sleep helps much. I know this medication is no joke and its scary. Did or have things gotten better for yourself? Why did you start taking cita in the first place if you dont mind me asking. Thanks again guys for your support and feed back 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.