Wondering if I should have stayed off work longer

Posted , 7 users are following.

2 weeks last Monday I started with shingles I caught it early and after a weeks medication from the doctor I went back to week last week I seemed fine don't a desk job but this week I'm so irritable and tired and the nerve damage still hurts ( lower left back up front of left groin ) 

im generally quite a tough woman and thought if I stayed off my motorbike at work which I usually ride 6 hours a day at work I'd be ok but tonight I'm so agitated I've taken pain killers and I'm in my bed already 19.30 pm 

am am I pushing myself too hard or just Bing a wimp 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jo

all the advice you have is

the best you can get.

I had shingles last year , I was useless for 4 months and only just getting over it another 7 months on. it really is nasty and a you need to rest as much as you can. Merry is full of good advice,

She is wonderful

Christine

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words I'm listening to my body and resting more , I'm going to be on the desk and not on my motorbike for a few more weeks yet . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.