Wondering what hormone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know which hormone causes you to have upon wakening to get very hot and heart race then subsides when u get up? I'm so tired of all this and on top of all this I got a head cold after returning home from vacation ugh

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela

From what I can tell there isn't 1 easy answer really, because the endocrine system has a lot to do with it and course that's made up of lots of bits and pieces. Estrogen is responsible for dissapating body temperature and progesterone is the opposite so it could be either if they are unbalanced. Also your thyroid gland has a lot to do with controlling it, but not sure if you have an issue already or if you've had it tested. Good luck though xx

• Posted

Thanks it's all confusing and miserable I've had my thyroid checked numerous times seems to be ok in normal range.

• Posted

Sounds like it's the other 2 then Pamela. I don't struggle with temperature much because I've been this way since I'm 16 but bhrt helps me with the other joyous symptoms smile

• Posted

Whenever u wake up, w en if it's middle of the night, I first wake then get hot and sweaty. It is not the hot flush that wakes me. I've had it for a long time. My thyroid is fine. I think it may be fortisol or adrenaline and it is from anxiety. Hard to believe but you may have anxiety...food for thought.

• Posted

So many typos, hope you can understand!!
  • Posted

Thanks ladies for replying hope your doing well and symptoms isn't too bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.