WONDERS NEVER CEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

WHOOPEE - sUCCESS hAVE TRIED TO REPLY TO rOBERT BUT AGAIN HAVELOST IT SOMEWHERE.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carole,

Welcome back. You know that you havnt lost anything, its just mislaid and you will find it if you seek. I see that your login name is Cats and dogs because you have 2 cats and a dog. You have given me an idea to change my login name to dog, budgies, fish and African frogs. Doesn't it sound a lot grander than plain old waterman lol. Look forward to getting your input along with others.

Regards,

Robert.

• Posted

lol Robert, my name is after my dog who everyone calls Stitch. When they first started calling her that, I hadn't a clue what they were talking about. I happened to mention it to some children who knew instantly and one loaned to me the dvd of the film, Lilo and Stitch. I couldn't fall out with the name-callers becaue even I recognised my girl in that film!

I like the sound of your African frogs!

Best wishes,

• Posted

Hi Stitch,

Didnt think you could hear the sound of the frogs to like it. Would be glad of your input re opinions on oxygen please. Good night and God bless.

Regards,

Robert alias Dog, Budgies. Fish and African Frogs. (Waterman) Carole cant find her post and I'm beginning to wonder who I am lol.

• Posted

No opinion of oxygen Robert, I've no experience of it. Yet.
  • Posted

Hi Robert Now lets see what happens but I must keep it short - time runs away with me doing absolutely nothing. Oxygen. I have had c.o.p.d. for 15 years now and know more or lesss all about it. I have reached the end stage but think I am coping very well! I still smoke (stupidly) but it is far too late for me to give up and until a month ago would not give me oxygen because of this. My sat. levels are between 87 and 93% without. If they go below 90% oxygen is generally necessary. iWhen I came out of hospital last time my consultant said I could have it and so I have. I initially used it for 16 hous a day but now I find I am o.k. without it at night and the nasal cannula usually ended up in my ear or under my eye ( not much good). So now I use it as and when I feel it necessary. I think it does help but I also use a nebuliser at the same time and that does help with the breathing. In your case Robert I should push your point with your Consultant or resp.nurse. Failing that at very least talk to your G.P Wishing you luck - let us know the result. Had to rehome my dog last year - could not exercise her let alone pick up her poo. 8) 8)
  • Posted

Hello

Oxygen is usually prescribed when sats drop below 90 at rest, but not always immediately as there may be an underlying cause such as an infection and so the rate is monitored for a while first. If your levels stay low extra oxygen stops your body from producing too many cells to carry oxygen around and stops the heart from beating much too hard trying to get oxygen to your vital organs. That can damage your heart.

I have used oxygen for over 3 years now. I cant understand the reference to feeling ill/using oxygen as using it gives you more oxygen - and thats it. It does not stop you feeling ill or make you less short of breath, it just gives more oxygen to your body with each breath.

I understand about the cannula cats and dogs. Mine also went all over as I slept. I tried the face mask but that was very uncomfortable and sweaty cos I used it in the summer. My sats werent bad at night but, if you need oxygen I was told if you dont use it for at least 15 hours a day it does not really do any good. They did loads of tests some years ago which proved it. So I had to persevere to find the right cannula for me. My oxygen provider had only two sizes for adults which were short and long but neither worked for me. I ended up buying my own which were slightly shorter and closer together cos I have a small nose. This worked better and I have been able to use it comfortably since. I hope you dont have to use it for some time to come Robert cos it has its own problems like building up carbon dioxide in the body.

:choc: fa

• Posted

[quote:377ed82c8c=\"Anonymous\"]Hello

Oxygen is usually prescribed when sats drop below 90 at rest, but not always immediately as there may be an underlying cause such as an infection and so the rate is monitored for a while first. If your levels stay low extra oxygen stops your body from producing too many cells to carry oxygen around and stops the heart from beating much too hard trying to get oxygen to your vital organs. That can damage your heart.

I have used oxygen for over 3 years now. I cant understand the reference to feeling ill/using oxygen as using it gives you more oxygen - and thats it. It does not stop you feeling ill or make you less short of breath, it just gives more oxygen to your body with each breath.

I understand about the cannula cats and dogs. Mine also went all over as I slept. I tried the face mask but that was very uncomfortable and sweaty cos I used it in the summer. My sats werent bad at night but, if you need oxygen I was told if you dont use it for at least 15 hours a day it does not really do any good. They did loads of tests some years ago which proved it. So I had to persevere to find the right cannula for me. My oxygen provider had only two sizes for adults which were short and long but neither worked for me. I ended up buying my own which were slightly shorter and closer together cos I have a small nose. This worked better and I have been able to use it comfortably since. I hope you dont have to use it for some time to come Robert cos it has its own problems like building up carbon dioxide in the body.

:choc: fa[/quote:377ed82c8c]

Hi Guest or Fa,

Just a note to clarify that I am not currently using oxygen and my reference to 'feeling very ill' is when oxygen sats levels drop to 88 and below. I do appreciate everybody's contribution re use of oxygen as this leaves me more informed as to decisions I may have to make re the use of same in the future.

Regards,

Robert.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.