Word Catheter Fell Out Hours After

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've just had my 2nd bartholin abscess in 3 years lanced. Just like the first time, the doctor put in a word catheter to facilitate drainage and better healing. The first one I had fell out I think 4-5 days after lancing, which the doctor said was fine. But this time, it fell out about 10 hours later (I have a cold and I think all the coughing and sneezing did it).

Should I go back and have another one put in? I've read in several places they don't normally do that but I want as much junk to drain out as possible!

If it's ok that it fell out so early, is there anything I should be doing to help the incision site heal and try as much as possible to prevent it closing too soon? Besides the sitz baths and keeping it clean?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Nah I had a nasty one that fell out the next day. You're not supposed to take baths or anything, but I would wear some pads and gently put a little pressure / squeeze on it to help it drain now and then. He's lanced the cyst itself which will actuall drain out of your lady parts, not just the cut. I feel your pain honey!!! I had 6 in 3 hellish years!! I take a supplement called Serrapeptase now when I feel one coming on and it shrinks immediately. I swear by the stuff now. Good luck and take care!!

• Posted

Hi, I've had surgery 3x now and not once they inserted a catheter. It should be ok but go to the doctor if you are concerned.

• Posted

Did they say why they didnt place a catether since I was told the word's catether placement is supose to help the galnd heal and prevent reoccursnace. I get them non-stop but its my first time with an absess and catether placement. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.