words of encouragement

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started to feel slightly better yesterday, its been 4 and a half weeks now and i feel like i am treading water today as it almost feels worse. Can someone please tell me how it was before these tablets really started to work. Ideas of how your anxiety got would be great, how bad did it get before it got better. I really need to know please.

My doctor said there is no time limit as everyone is different, but please tell me your stories.I am so sorry to keep needing answers.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi citalaman you dont sounds very good at all to day honey, things will get better, you will have good and bad days I had a massive freekout on Tuesday night and i found talking to a women on this site helped she advised i cal the sermartatons (sorry my spelling is bad) i dont call as my husband returned home and calmed me down. i have called them in the past and they really help if its some one to talk to you need.

I have been on this drug for 3 months now i have good and bad days some alot worse then others but genually i am getting better.

Hang on in there have you tried deep relaxation, you can get details of the patient UK web site (my doctor printed them of me)

Good luck

Marie

• Posted

Hi citaloman, you're havin it pretty rough aren't you? I was put on 10mg of citalopram 6 months ago, for anxiety and panic attacks. I nearly came off them when after 3 weeks i still couldn't leave the house without feelin like i was gonna pass out. Luckily i stuck with it and little by little i could do more everyday. I really feel that everyone is different, but 6-8 weeks is probably when you should feel more normal. whatever normal is :wink: take care and keep postin and lettin us know how ya gettin on. x mlh.
  • Posted

Thanks, how did it feel when they worked? did you rejoice. People say its like a light being switched on. But i honestly cant see thay happening. People say i have not give it long enough which i agree but i feel horrible.

I used to enjoy the simplest of things, fish and chips, music etc. Can i ask what was going on in your head during waiting for them to work?

Thankyou

• Posted

Hi Citaman I never felt a light go on i just found that the days slowly are getting better, remember its a long process getting better there is no quick fix with depression but it is achiveable to be happy.

I hope thins impove for you

Kind regards

Marie

• Posted

Hello,

While waitin for tabs to work i remember sat watchin tv and not really taking it in.

It was as if i was in another world, very paranoid, edgy, couldn't sit still.

As soon as i woke in the morning i had to get up, then bit by bit i started to feel myself again, enjoy the little pleasures in life.

I found myself smiling and laughing again. smile i wanted a quick fix but realised that the medicine needs time to work.

Hang in there.

Michele.

• Posted

Hi Citman, I can definitely say that it takes at least six weeks to really feel the effects of the med, it slowly builds up until you are feeling a bit cocooned from all the madness and I have to say it's a nice feeeling but hey It's a journey to get here. I had awful feelings of wanting to die, not by suicide but when I awoke in the morning I just didn't want to start another day, when my beloved children would make noises it made me get all panicky really wierd, now I'm up at the crack of dawn fishing for bass like old times and really feeling laid back and cool so stick with it!
  • Posted

I am sorry to keep posting all the time, but i am really scared. I cant believe that the meds are going to make any difference to me. I am only a few days away from the suggested 6 week holy land. I feel anxious, terrible, i feel like my life has gone. I love my family so much so i want to hold on for them. I am crying as i write this which is the only was i can concentrate. The reason i ask so many questions about the meds is because i have to know that what i am feeling now is just either my depression or side effects of the tablets. I did go up to 40mg after two weeks which must account for something. My doctors and family say i have got to sweat it out. But everyday i live for going to bed. Sorry
  • Posted

Stop apologising, your feelin depressed which is the reason you've been put on the tablets.

You're bound to feel upset and anxious waitin for the day you feel better.

You want your life back, it sounds like your family really help, i couldn't have got where i am without my husband and amazing daughters.

I really hope you turn a corner soon.

take care

michele x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.