Twice happy man whose job is joy,

Whose hand and heart combine,

In brave and excellent employ

As radiantly as mine!

But oh the weary, dreary day,

The wear and tear and irk

Of countless souls who cannot say:

'I love my work.'

My sentiments exactly - and I will miss it. But health and a happy heart are much more important.

Jacee

xx[/u]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jacee, if this is how you feel about work I can understand why you have struggled to stay in your job for so long. I am almost (but not quite) jealous of the \"joy\" you have found through employment. I am sure your family and friends will rally around to stop you feeling too bored at home. Well done for sticking at it so long.

Andy :rose:

• Posted

Oh how I agree. I missed my work and work colleagues so much that I have gone back as an unpaid volunteer. I can't envisage life without work.

Rita

• Posted

Jacee, Rita, Flossie, Van, Carole, Stitch, Annsco, Tessa- How many of us have/had jobs we really enjoyed? Most of us it seems. Wonder if that is just co-incidence or if most people just love their work? Interesting isn't it? Wouldn't it be strange if this was a cause of copd - job satisfaction! My mind works in mysterious ways - especially after a Guinness!

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Still working - though from home. Needing to be really hard on myself and have not taken proper meal breaks, have started an hour early and worked on into the evening and still don't think I will get it all done in time. Mm, if I had not taken 2 minutes out to write this I would have go more done wouldn't I?

Much as love my job this is a real killer. Still, will be sunning myself on Monday - that should keep me going. 8)

Jacee

xx

• Posted

Hang on in there Jacee - the sunshine will be worth it

I work from home sometimes and it is certainly not the easy option - I work longer, harder and actually feel less completed personally at the end of the day.

Don't be too hard on yourself - if you do your best and use the hours as best you can you will do fine.

Make sure you take your exercise breaks too :D

On that note, I have not started my new exercise program but I did meditate for 20 mins today and will start by Friday to look at what I do do...

• Posted

I mean ...will start by Friday to look at what I [i:5d6a301a2d]can [/i:5d6a301a2d]do...

boing..time for bed - work Christmas party tomorrow afternoon :holly:

Sleep well everybody xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Flossie1,

Lovely to hear from you again. You are right - they get much more out of me when I am at home - think I am conscience driven. And I do miss the face-to-face interaction. Only two more days though - then hols - then end of working life. Makes me so sad. However, people on this site can be so empathetic, so supportive and so kind it goes some way to relieving the sad feelings - so thanks to you people. It does help to speak to people going through the same thing, even if they are at a much earlier stage, and to know we are all in this together.

I am trying to remember to exercise regularly as I soon stiffen up when sat typing for long periods. That's why I find it helpful to have a set time and it is always encouraging to do it with others rather than alone isn't it? Glad you are also contemplating your exercise options - we all know how important it is but it does not always mean we do as we should, particularly as the effort required grows and grows and grows............

Hope you (and others) have a lovely peaceful and healthy Christmas break. And enjoy your party today - :bubbly:

Jacee

xx

:holly: :xmastree:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.