Work assesment interveie

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on joint ESA for a year with severe mental illness .i take 30mg of vallium 40 mg of prozac and 80 mg of quietipine.i sent in letters from phycyayrist cpn and cbt phycotheripust but received appointment today fie 2 dec .dont the dwp read yhe reports i am also a self harmer and looking after my oartner who had a brain hemerage in april.i have asked for the interveiew to be tecorded.surley if all the mentak health teams think in a danger to myself and people they would take notice

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie

Try not to stress about it, I've had 3 in the last 2 years I'm waiting to hear about another. They don't speak to each other and we're stuck in the middle. However each meeting I've had were fine and realised I was worrying about nothing.

I also suffer from severe depression and anxiety, but I also have a bad back.

I used to self harm but haven't for years now, if you need to chat just give me shout.

Thanks

Neil x

• Posted

Hi neil i have just posted my experience i had yesterday about my esa work assesment and was wondering what you think of my post? Thank you
  • Posted

I was Sectioned a few times in a secure unit in order to protect me from myself and for others around me. I remember making my first ESA claim in Sept 09 and at my face to face assessment in Jan 10 I made mention of this and referred the assessor to the discharge certificates I had sent in. When I received the decision the assessor had reported to the DWP that I had said that I never have had any mental health issues.

​Try fighting that - it went down to the wire - just days before the appeal hearing the DWP revised their decision and put me in the Support Group for 3 years.Whilst I did receive eventually a nice bumper pay out I went without any income for nearly a year - living off savings then credit cards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.