Work capability assesment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have received a letter saying I have been awarded limited capability for work and Work related activity element I have two questions it has only been awarded back to the 15/6/2017 when it started on 28/1/2017 could anybody explain why?

Also I rang to find out when this back pay was getting paid and was told it had to go to a debt team to see if I owe any money out from past claims or something like that.

Does anybody have any idea as to how long this process takes ?

Thanks in advance

Bridgey 675

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, That is the Support Group. I'm afraid i have no idea of why they're telling you that date to be backdated from. It could be many reasons why. The only way to get your answer would be to ring and ask. I can tell you that if you do owe any money then they can and will most likely take it from your backdated money. They cvan also do this as 1 lump sum as well. Just ring and ask that question. Sorry i can't help further.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I have rang them they said Your first 3 months you don’t get back pay for I don’t owe them any money . But she was from a different department

I don’t understand any of this and my friends don’t get universal credit they get esa and they say it makes no sense it maybe as I have a tribunal coming up that they are messing me about .

• Posted

Hi,

That's correct about the back pay because assessment rate is paid for the first 13 weeks. Backdated money is paid from week 14 of your claim.

I'm sorry but i don't quite understand what you're saying. You say you've been awarded limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) in your first post and then you say you have a Tribunal coming up and they're messing you about? You then say it' has to go to the debt team to see if you owe and money from past claims and then after that you say you don't owe any money? I'm sorry but i'm totally confused by your post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.