work capability assessment failed.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning. Just had a phone call from dwp saying I have failed the work capability assessment. I filled the forms in in February had the assessment in August and it's taken until today for the result. I have been signed off by doctor for 12 months now with anxiety and depression and it's got worse over worrying about the outcome of this assessment. I was awarded pip and I know they say the two assessments are different but how can someone who doesn't even know me or my situation just make a decision that I am fine and also when my doctor says I am not. Sorry this has probably been put on here a few times. I just feel sick with worry now as I'm not ready to start going back to the job centre and I don't know what to do now. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I have posted this once

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ya worried me now I had health assessment kast week for same does that mean I won't get anything

• Posted

I don't know. Hopefully you'll get a better results than I have.

• Posted

Hi which benefit was this was it ESA I am on esa for depression, Anxiety and panic attacks also I can't go out alone you need to appeal against decision if you have a dial or cab near you then you need to appeal against the decision also you need every evidence you can get your hands on and send it all in please appeal good luck

• Posted

HI, I'm sorry to hear this. You have 28 days from the date of the decision to get you're Mandatory Reconsideration in. In the meantime i'm afraid you'll have to apply for JSA, until the MR decision has been made. If it goes to appeal which most often it does then you can go back on ESA. I'd advice giving your local CAB a ring to help you through this as i've heard they're very good.

• Posted

Thanks I am on universal Credit and always have been. I spoke to them today and they said my benefit would just stay the same. It's just the fact that I now feel forced into going into the job centre when I don't feel well enough

• Posted

I was on esa missed appointment put in manditory reconsideration lost that now I have to claim jsa
    • Posted

I don't have to claim jsa because I am on universal credit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.