work doctor

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all, ive been told by my boss its time for me to see a GP from work for an assesment to see if im fit enough to continue working as a rehab assessor. Then i will need to go to a hearing. Im off sick now till september. Has anyone else had to do this? Would love to hear from you hopefully to put my mind at rest! Im dreading it but will tell the truth. Im only 47 and struggling with work. Giving time i will learn to cope i hope.Have decided not to have op on my neck, see consultant next month again. Good luck to you all keep smiling!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think things are done differently here in Australia compared to the UK, so I can't really help....But i am sending you hugs :hug: ...Try not to stress to much before your appointment as it will only make your pain worse....

Can I ask what made you decide not to have the Op...????? I'm asking because I may have to make this decision myself soon...... :huh:

Take gentle care of you......Jas..xx.. :wings:

• Posted

hi fluttebye, im scared to have op as ive been warned by my GP that there is a risk of being paralised as with all spinal surgery! I dont want to put myself of family through that worry!! Thanks for cuddles , i would send you one back if i knew how to!? Im crap on computers, surprised ive got this faf lol. You take care, thinking bout you. Thanks for your lovely comments! x
  • Posted

Hiya.....?? (I dont know your name... :huh: )

Firstly...to use the little pictures called emoticons, when you are replying to a post there is a group of them to the left of the box your are typing in.....just click on one when you want to use it and it will appear as a word ...a bit like this>>>> : ----: . Below the group of emoticons it says...\"View more emoticons\" if you click on those words, a new page will pop up with a delightful assortment of pictures...to add any to your post, just click on it and it will appear in your post like this...... :ta: :ufo: :fish: :bleep: :boing: :bunny: :diva: :sorry:

I hope all that makes sense..... :huh:

Thank you for your thoughts on the Op for CS..... Its a scary decision we have to make....Right now, i think if i am offered the surgery. I will do it....but i will get a 2nd opinion from another Neurosugeon just to be sure...But i may change my mind...who knows!!!! :doh:

Take care.....Jas..xx.. :wings:

• Posted

Hiya Clolne

Have you checked out the governments websites for sickness and disablity?? You may find something useful there.

Regarding the op, there is an element of risk with any op, but yes more so with the spine, have you seen a Neuro?? He's the best gut to talk to. My op has been a sucess I'm really pleased I had it done, it's taken a loooong time to get to this point but it's been worth it. And yes, having the op is not for everyone.

Take Care

Emxx :wink:

• Posted

Hi this is my first posting here though I have been reading since March. I had an accident at work July 2008 which tore cartilage in my knee. Went to local hospital and had my leg immobilised and was given crutches. Upshot was the crutces were too small and the herniad two discs in my neck. I had physio ( traction, accupuncture. manipulation and ultrasound) none of which worked!I have been on every medication known to the medical profession lol and am at the moment on Gabapentin 500mg tree times a day, Diclofenac 50mg 3 times a day and co-codomol 2 4 times a day and potassium sulphate at night for leg cramps sad . Had op on offending knee in april the day after I saw the neurologist who was ok but couldn't give me the info yours gave you as I hadn't had my mri yet :shock: sad . I have severe damage to c5, c6 and c7 and severe pain in neck (ask my husband) arm fingeras and underarm above my breast. My op is scheduled for 24th July and I am scared but I have to do this as I can't go on like this any longer. I cannot keep my balance some days, have no control over my bladder in my sleep am doped up to the eyeballs and am just sick of this. I also have lumber spondylosis causing neuralgia in left leg, all my left side is affected and the base of my spine grinds when I walk too far, I was a relatively healthy fit human being before last july. Anyway I've told some of my tale of woe :cry: . Best of luck with your op! :D
  • Posted

Hiya PushyAngie.

Good luck with your op, I'm sure it'll be a success, it does take time to heal though, please be prepared for this, take things real slow and day to day. If you want any more info pm me or if your anything like me ignorance is bliss!! :lol: :wink:

Best of luck

Emxx :wink:

• Posted

Hi and thank you for writing back Em. :D . I have been humbled since this has happened to me as I have met and read about a lot of people who are in similar and worse situations than myself. Went to see the orthapaedic surgeon who operated on my knee in April(that was my original injury but the hospital put me on crutches that were too wee which herniad my discs blah blah ) and I have to go back in December for more tests on my knee as I have advanced arthritis in it (God I'm falling apart). Anyway just thought I'd say thanks have to go now can't sit at this any longer. Take care :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.