Work, interviews, New jobs, Anxiety and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys, so I'm new here and I am actually glad I've joined this to be able to speak.

So, I was working in retail, and I thought i was doing well even though that they never seemed interested whatsoever. I basically had to teach myself, but the people there (exept one person in management ) were so nice, but unfortuntally I clashed with the person in management to much and my contract was terminated.

I was petrified of getting a new job, I've had a phone interview and face to face interview after that, but got rejected. Then today, I went for an interview, and got the job, but it took me two go's to go there.

I'm scared, petrified at that. They were all looking at me, I don't like labling people, but there was like kind of chavy people there. I felt intimidated, I felt like I didnt belong there, I feel like the work that they do is way to much even though it's picking deliverys.

I don't know what to do, I start Monday, but I'm scared, I can't breathe when I think about it, which is constantly.

Anyone else been like this [rolleyes]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm in exactly the same boat, I hated my old job, I managed to get a new one too and I start on Monday as well. It's been one of the most stressful things to do, to pass my exams and get a new job within 2 months. Nobody liked me in my previous job and I am terrified of making a bad impression again in the new job on Monday. 

It's ok to be scared, starting a new job is a terrifying thing. It's like when a kid starts at a new school. All it is, is that it means you care about it. Maybe the reason they hired you is because they want their staff to be more like you, and to move away from their chavvy staff. smile 

• Posted

Good luck for Monday! And well done for passing :-)

I'm just like proper scared, urgh and aha, if they wanted more like me they should of Started from the start aha, but yeah, my mind is so fixated on the negative! 

You can message me if you like, talk and everything,  inbox is always open!

Good luck, and thank you for taking the time to comment!, xx

• Posted

Well done to you! You'll be brilliant on Monday. Feel free to message me too if you need. smile
    • Posted

You'll do well too, I'll make sure to say how it went and everything!

I'll message maybe tomorrow and everything smile? Off to bed now.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.