Work this one out, because the Dr's cant

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 36 ex smoker not overweight, normal cholesterol, not diabetic. 2 weeks ago I was admitted to hospital with atypical heart attack symptoms. Aching jaw and ear, mild chest ache, back pain and left arm pain along with vomiting. My tropinin levels were raised at 12 and then 12 hours later at 20000 which although high not massive. My ecg, ekg, and x ray were all normal. I then had an angiogram expecting as well as the Dr's that there would be a blockage. Low and behold they say my heart is pristine.

After 5 days in ccu I was discharged but was put on statins, nitrates, aspirin and diltiazem.

They think it may have been a spasm but they want to investigate further.

This is causing me massive anxiety issues, they wonder if maybe a small clot has slipped through the net or it may be something else. I am having an MRI soon.

My panic attacks are through the roof with the not knowing and I got readmitted last night but strangely my tropinin levels are back to normal which shocked my cardiologist. I am now on diazapam and temazapan.

Anybody help with this at all. What else would have caused all them symptoms and the raised troponin?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

the brilliant news is that your major arteries are all 'pristine'! My angiogram showed 3 badly blocked ones and I had a triple bypass back in 2011, but have lost weight and modified my lifestyle and am doing great now.

i understand fully the anxiety but from the information you have given, and the fact you are now on regular aspirin, it's highly unlikely that you are in any serious danger of a heart attack. It's also good that the doctors are properly doing an ongoing investigation as a number of people on this forum have simply been 'brushed off' by their medicos. 

I would focus on how nice and clear your arteries are (imagine if they had found blockages!) try and keep a positive attitude and enjoy life to the max while sensibly following up with your doctors. Cheers and best of luck

Timo

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes that's what the Dr's say, also they are umming and ahhing as to whether it was a heart attack or not. I still suffer with the jaw pain though so it scares me xx
  • Posted

I had very similar to that in 1993. They also did a stress (Treadmill) ECG on the fourth day in hospital when it indicated blocked ateries and they said that I must have angina. My angiogram was clear as was another after chest pains and another failed stress test in 2001.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with aortic stenosis and had a stress echo cardiogram prior to aortic valve replacement. That also indicated two blocked arteries but again it was found to be a false positive when I had another angiogram.

If the angiogram is clear you have no need to worry.

• Posted

hI Annie

I had 3 way by pass 8 years ago surgeon  said in  10 years  you could have more surgery. The surgeon has keep me alive    what a guy and his team.  thank you so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.