Working after a steroid injection

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I am due to have a steroid injection tomorrow, been told I am not allowed to drive home, no problem the other half will be with me. But as the appointment is at lunchtime, I just planned to come home and carry on working (I work from home anyway).

My wife was saying I should probably take the afternoon off.

What are the after effects of the injection? If I am not allowed to drive, should I be working?

Cheers for any help.

TC

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yeah, you can not drive as it might feel numb for a while as well as littl bit pain and of course so much discomfort for few days. depending on what sort of job you work. you are nit allowed to lift heavy for 24 hrs. as per my experience take it easy for couple of days. good luck.

• Posted

i had hydrodilatation 3 months ago. It was extremely painful at the time and im glad i didnt drive or go back to work. It was painful for 3 days after. It took a long time for me to get the procedure on the NHS so i wasnt going to do anything detrimental after. Good luck

• Posted

Cheers for the quick response 😃

I guess I better book at least tomorrow afternoon off just in case.

TC

• Posted

I had my steroid injection and drove home (over 1hrs. drive) without any bother, there was no mention of not driving.

I was told to take it easy for a few days ie not lifting anything heavy. No pain or soreness after the jab.

Best of luck.

• Posted

I was told that one of the reasons for not driving straight after my hydrodilatation was, that if anything happened on your journey, e.g. you had a bad reaction to the injection, causing you to have an accident, you wouldn't be insured! The main thing was not to do anything that put a strain on your shoulder for a couple of days.

• Posted

Are you having an epidural or cortisone? I don't know why you shouldn't be able to work unless you are you being sedated for the injection. If you are being sedated then I would see how you feel and make the decision then...that is the beauty of working from home...hours are somewhat flexible 😃. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi I hope your injection goes well I have had several injections they prefer you take it easy and let the medication take effect. So really if its alot of movement I would say no just finish the day off take it easy if you want the shot to work. Good luck!!

• Posted

I was given no restrictions at all after having a steroid injection in each shoulder for bilateral frozen shoulder. The injections weren’t bad, no problem. On the other hand, the pain relief I got from them lasted less than 36 hours, so maybe I'm not a good example. But with both shoulders affected, I certainly didn't do anything strenuous afterwards.

I hope you get great results!

• Posted

Working after a steroid injection should not be a problem. You are given a local as I have had 1 in my shoulder and so far 2 in my back. I think it is really odd that they say I can't drive afterwards but all you are given is local numbing. If nothing else I would take the afternoon off. As far as I am concerned there were zero lasting effects from the injection

• Posted

Injection was fine, as well as steroid I was given Licaid, could've drive home, could've worked. But as I booked he afternoon as holiday I just rested up.

So far so good, stiffness still there, but pain seems to have gone down a bit, less than 24 hrs later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.