working tax credits

Posted , 2 users are following.

any one here no the working tax credits rates per week wondering if some one on here who gets wtc and roughtly earns same has my bf 12 thousound a year ?? currently that we get plus i use get pip but stoped it pending a manger phone call due to tribunal errors...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Missunderstood

Firstly it would depend on the total household taxable earnings. Do you live with your BF and do you work or receive contribution based benefits?

Also are either of you disabled or in receipt of PIP?

If your BF is single and earns 12kpa and lives alone without children or disablity he would receive £37.12 per month according to the online tax credit calculator. Try it yourself at GOV.UK

• Posted

hi were both 25 he earns 11 thousound sorry was rong befour i get disabuilty 220 pip and i get carers 24o month 
    • Posted

Hi Missunderstood

Using the extra info the Tax Credit Calculator came up with £127.97pm. Remember you might also be entitled to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction, although the TC would lower the amount of entitlement.

That said overall you would be better off making a claim for TC.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.