Workmens comp

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone here ever been on workmens comp? I have been for about 8 months n will be for another fews months. Im at the point where i seriously just want to end my life. Before this i was working hard on not being depressed n anxious. And this jas just taken me 100 steps backwords. I dont have friends. So i just sit inside, in pain and depressed. Im teadyfor it all to end in whichever way it has t happen

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m sorry to hear you are struggling. Are you in the States? I’m not familiar with the term ‘workman’s comp’, could you explain that to me. Best wishes,  Julia 
    • Posted

Its when you get hurt on the job they pay you a portation and pay for you to get better. its really a great thing buts taking forever and as much as its supposed to help, its realky making me feel stuck
  • Posted

Hi I'm so sorry that you are hurting so much! I know what workmans comp is but have never been on it. I am thankful for you that you have it right now so you can take care of yourself. Have you by chance had any therapy or antidepressants. Your life is very valuable even if you don't believe it right now. I have been blessed to have lots of help from counseling and the meds and at this point I think it's very important that you take action so you can start feeling better and have a better quality of life. Will you consider some of these suggestions and please write back we really care about each other on this site. Diane. 

• Posted

Hi adldline thank you , also I am doing both right now. It has been a few months. I am trying to be open minded about both. Im just finding it really hard right now. Sometimes I feel like it brings up the problems but doesn't give me a way to confront them or i dont know how to like it work..? I know that sounds weird.how does couseling help you? 

• Posted

Amc

We are in the UK so the American system takes a bit of understanding. You are talking regards Workers compensation. What happened did you have an accident, who was to blame. Is this ging to lead to getting damages or will you be going back to the original type of work ?

In the UK the Job Centre has a department that can help the disabled back to work and assess what job would be suitable for you ?

In America are you getting State Benefit ? Are they expecting you getting back to work in the future

BOB

• Posted

No worries, I know all the systems are different, just not sure in which way. It happened at work so they are supposed to be responsible until its figured out m and a doctor clears me to go back to work. I pray there is not permanent damage, i wont know for another month. Everything just takes so long, no one returns phone calls. It took me 3 months to get them to approve the appointment in order to make the appointment. And now they haven't paid me in 2 weeks but I cant work either. Im in pain, and broke and still have bills🤷🏻??? 

• Posted

Amc

We are in the UK, so here we would advise you to have words with Your Social Services, they can arrange assistance and issue food stamps ???. You also need help in dealing with any compensation you may be entitled to, so you will need help with that.

Sorry that is all I can suggest. Do you have food banks etc ??. You can try that to help

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.