works every time to stop SVT

Posted , 4 users are following.

had my SVT for 17 years, I fill up a empty bottle of cold water strait from the tap, pour the water into a large glass and keep drinking the water. no need to skull it, just take regular mouthfuls of water and it slows down your SVT then eventually stops it works for me everytime. changed my SVT attacks completely now most of mine from 5 mins to under an hour. no more hospital trips for me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow I never heard of that trick...how many large glass fulls do you usually drink?
  • Posted

Whenever I feel svt coming on I also quickly skull some water and it settles it. I believe one of the causes of svt is dehydration, so I always have a bottle of water with me now.
  • Posted

You are right, svt is caused by dehydration, to how many bpm do you feel your svt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.